Rebuilder86

Aussies using NAB here?

12 posts in this topic

Any Aussies here that use NAB?
I was using Citibank to get out money without paying stupid NAB 5 dollar international transaction fees (on top of the local 200 peso transaction fee) but got fecking robbed by some little beaver on colon st who took my wallet with all my major cards.
Now all i have is my emergency NAB card, which used to work fine here in most BANCNET ATMs, but now for some reason, i am limited to one METROBANK ATM in Toledo which always has a one hour waiting line!!!

Can anyone shed any light on what has happened in the last few months? 
I try asking at the banks what is going on but they just keep saying, YOU CAN TRY OUR ATM SIR... i just cant handle talking to anyone in teh banks anymore, im not a customer to them, regardless of the 200 pesos that i will be payign to get out my money. 

1 person likes this

I have been using NAB debit and credit cards to withdraw money from any Metrobank and BPI ATM's in the Philippines for the past 7 years without much issue, other ATM's do work as long as they have the Plus Or Cirrus symbols that match the cards!

Yes bpi is my go to when im in the city. But honestly, i used to be able to use PNB and RCBC but something has changed in the last few months. My local metrobank atm no longer works, it just sais unable to dispense cash, rightbefore a pilipina gets out a few thousand succesfully. So i hav tonow go to the main branch. 

On 2/11/2017 at 11:29 AM, Rebuilder86 said:

got fecking robbed by some little beaver on colon st who took my wallet with all my major cards.

so it's true... no more colon visit then :mellow:

Colon is a pick pocket paradise. You just have to be aware and not make yourself a target. Which includes

- not carrying a wallet. Carry your money in front pockets that are secured by velcro, zippers or buttons and separate large notes from small notes.

- not talking or texting on your mobile (cell) phone while walking along

- no jewellery visible on the back of your neck that can be snatched from behind.

I have been living at or regularly staying at the Cebu Century hotel on Corner of Colon and Pelaez for 22 years. Nothing bad has ever happened to me.. Last visit was August

4 people like this

Yeh this was the day b4 sinulog and the wifey was tired of holding thebaby so i was carrying him while stepping into a jeepney! Thats when it happened. 

Lol , beaver is an undortunate rrplacement for the f word 

I think using an Australian credit or debit card to withdraw money here could be costing you as much as 2 pesos per dollar due to exchange rate.

For instance, ANZ today offer 36.2 pesos to the dollar while Orbitremit offer 38pesos to the Aussie dollar. They only charge $AU4:00 fee too.

I typically  grab $AU3,000 so save 5,400 pesos (or 9 cases of beer free)

KonC

yes i know, thats why i had a CITIBANK card, that was stolen. So im on an emergency bank card.

yes the FOREX rate is fecking attrocious.

17 minutes ago, KennyF said:

I think using an Australian credit or debit card to withdraw money here could be costing you as much as 2 pesos per dollar due to exchange rate.

For instance, ANZ today offer 36.2 pesos to the dollar while Orbitremit offer 38pesos to the Aussie dollar. They only charge $AU4:00 fee too.

I typically  grab $AU3,000 so save 5,400 pesos (or 9 cases of beer free)

KonC

Is that right? Orbitremit only charge $4 per remittance. Didn't they use to charge $8? Same as Forexworld.

I'll have to seriously look at Orbitremit again. How do you join? Do you have to be in Australia to join

Thanks

5 hours ago, Forex said:

Is that right? Orbitremit only charge $4 per remittance. Didn't they use to charge $8? Same as Forexworld.

I'll have to seriously look at Orbitremit again. How do you join? Do you have to be in Australia to join

Thanks

Yes it has been $4.00 for about a year now! And  I think after 8 transactions you get a free transaction! ( I think it is 8, may be more)

https://orbitremit.com/r/lvcxo1

It use to run out of NZ, I don't think you have to be in OZ to use them!

Cheers:wheel:

Edited by Jsteam
1 person likes this