• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Tullioz

Earthquake M 6.5 Northern Mindanao

46 posts in this topic

Was felt in I.T park for approx 10 seconds by my gf.

1 person likes this

We felt a little tremor here in Barili for about 5 seconds. It was small but brought back memories that I was hoping to forget.

2 people like this

The latest update:

MANILA, Philippines - A strong 6.7 magnitude earthquake struck Surigao City at exactly 10:03 p.m. Friday, according to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology.

The epicenter of the quake of tectonic origin was located at coordinates 9.83 degrees north latitude and 125.37 dgrees east longitude or 14 kilometers north of Surigao City and at a depth of 4 kilometers.

It was felt at Intensity VI in Surigao City and Pintuyan, Southern Leyte; Intensity V in Mandaue City, San Ricardo, Limasawa and San Francisco, Southern Leyte; Intensity IV in Hinunangan, Southern Leyte and Butuan City; Intensity III in Hibok-hibok, Camiguin, Tolosa and Tacloban, Leyte, Bislig City, Gingoog City and Misamis Oriental; and Intensity II in Cagayan de Oro City, Talocogon City, Agusan del Sur, Dumaguete City, Cebu City, the Phivolcs said, adding that aftershocks are expected.

Thousands of residents in Surigao City panicked over rumors that the sea level was rising, which prompted them to seek higher ground at the provincial capitol building.

The area's police chief Senior Superintendent Anthony Maghari told radio station DZMM that he saw a school house had collapsed and that many other buildings had developed cracks.

He added the city was suffering from a power outage and that police were checking for any casualties.

According to the the United States Geological Survey (USGS), the quake struck at a depth of 27 kilometers (around 17 miles) in Mindanao, more than 700 kilometers southeast of the capital Manila.

The USGS earlier said the quake struck at about 2 km southwest of Talisay in Surigao City.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said there was no tsunami threat from the quake. 

http://interaksyon.com/article/137003/6-7-magnitude-earthquake-strikes-surigao-city

Some pictures coming in from Surigao on twitter. 

quake5.jpg.bb5c258a32afc1962d22d9b9f725b468.jpgquake6.jpg.c9c804d184a684ef3638db84bfeb30f4.jpg

Edited by Tullioz
1 person likes this

Hmmm. Tully posted a reply and it was moderated. That shouldn't have happened. 

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Hmmm. Tully posted a reply and it was moderated. That shouldn't have happened. 

I was wondering why it said it had to be approved by a moderator. I was thinking it may have had something to do with having a link included in the content. There was no problem when I started the new topic. 

A new feature on the site. Let me find the damned thing and disable it. FFS, not only having to deal with options the forum software NO longer has. Now, I have to deal with shit they HAVE added. Grrrrr. Fuckin' IPS. 

1 person likes this

Thanks Tullioz.... I don't see a thank button... had to do it manually (wink).

1 person likes this

Mike, still have "Likes" on the right side. I will have to check and see if "thanks" are still available to add back to this version. 

1 person likes this

thanks Paul... hope things are going smoothly.