• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

batman2525

Where to keep a small banca

14 posts in this topic

Hi,I'm currently negotiating a price with a Filipino guy to buy his small banca,its about 14ft long,if I do the deal with him I would like to keep it on dry land close to the water while I am not here......on Mactan,does anyone know where I could keep and pay someone a monthly rent?

1 person likes this

14ft? On top of your car I'd say.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:37 AM, batman2525 said:

Hi,I'm currently negotiating a price with a Filipino guy to buy his small banca,its about 14ft long,if I do the deal with him I would like to keep it on dry land close to the water while I am not here......on Mactan,does anyone know where I could keep and pay someone a monthly rent?

A 14ft banca that's alone left on land for any length of time will rot and mysteriously parts of the banca will get up and walk away.

If I were you, I would find a local who owns a decent banca, that uses it to fish regularly and that is fairly knowledgeable about the water you have an interest in. Get his number and get him to take you out on the water.

Renting will save you a lot of money and headaches in the long run vs owning without a safe and secure place to store the banca when you're not around. Let the local pay for the upkeep.

As always YMMV.

3 people like this

On 2/7/2017 at 5:37 PM, batman2525 said:

Definitely agree with buko post above, or maybe a trailer if you have plenty parking space.

Edited by Jeepney
1 person likes this

On our beach the locals have about 20 bancas from the sitio. About 20 hrs a day someone always babysitting. Still somebody is always missing something from the extreme of the whole boat to just the engine. :-(:-(

what does a banca that size cost anyway?.. I am just starting to look into the logistics of a boat here.. i need details?

It will cost you, around 10 k built a new banca, around 15 feet and engines cost from 5-7 k, chinese brand, good quality  engine 10 hp, Honda or Kohler 18-24 k. I have a banca that size for fishing, maked it more wide than the locals, nice with space for equipment and maybe you meet a mermaid lol

3 people like this

5 hours ago, Sealover said:

It will cost you, around 10 k built a new banca, around 15 feet

So if it costs about 10K for a new one, and the OP says he is negotiating to buy a used one,   And this is presumably  to go out on the open ocean in .   mmmm  I'm thinking I would just spring for the new one at 10K

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Sealover said:

It will cost you, around 10 k built a new banca, around 15 feet and engines cost from 5-7 k, chinese brand, good quality  engine 10 hp, Honda or Kohler 18-24 k. I have a banca that size for fishing, maked it more wide than the locals, nice with space for equipment and maybe you meet a mermaid lol

Are you that guy who went fishing from bohol last year with the cheap banka? We never heard of him since..

If yes, congrats, your Engrish improved.

If not, keep in touch.

Edited by Jeepney
Edit

Think that must be other guy, but I had an exciting trip from Negros, south from Dumaguete, going up to Oslob, cross over to Panglao on Bohol, and back via Siquijor. I wanna test my new ( seconhand) boat, outrigger broke between Cebu and Bohol islands, in water to repair, engine stop, call friends to pick me up, their boat was not availabel, get started engine again and reach Panglao after 11 hours.When I left Negros a lot of locals come to the beach, I wonder why, maybe I'm handsome lol. After I left they told my gf , he is crazy take that ride in souch a small boat, 15 feet, but no one said anything to me lol. Filippino friend help me repair my boat, I go north of Siquijor and down southwest, only 3 hours it went smooth. My outrigger is now stainless stell, when I bought the boat, outrigger was made of iron. Fishing is my hobby, love be on the sea, clean the brain and give new energi. I respect the sea, and learned, be sure boat and engine is in good condition. My boat have 10 hp Kohler goes 18-20 knob when I'm alone, have steeringwhell and fishfinder, but primitiv, love it and will go Panglao again for sure, but take route north of Siguijor. Was out yesterday, next 2-3 months the best weather for sailing/fishing all year. Good luck to you all who want a banca, great pleasure, amazing nature and you will meet dolphins, seaturtles and lot different kinds of fish

3 people like this