Jester

Buying computer in the province

43 posts in this topic

No problem with delivery from Lazada to the province of Barili. I prefer COD, but one item I ordered was no COD and I did not want to give my debit card number out. I do not have a PayPal account in the Philippines, so I tried out Lazada's HelloPay. HelloPay worked out well.

I registered with HelloPay and they giave me an account number. You take the account number to any 7-11 or other places and give the cashier the account number and cash that you want to deposit into the account. Then you use HelloPay to pay for the items you order. (sort of like PayPay at this point). It is better then giving a credit/debit card number imo. 

aside: I bought a fuse for my microwave oven that I could not find anywhere on Cebu. Lazada had it.

6 people like this

I actually pressed the COD button by mistake when I bought a UPS. But all was fine, prompt delivery as usual.

Where did they deliver the UPS to and how long did it take. UPS has battery so can't be by air.    

I have bought several computers from Apple no problems with delivery to the province arrival around 5 days service centers available locally if needed 

http://www.apple.com/ph

If the BIL who needs the computer can use and Apple device, he may be better off. They are costly, but do have the ability to have Microsoft products installed. I use both Apple and Microsoft devices, but prefer the Apple for my day to day and family uses.

The ordering from Apple is easy and delivery is free for purchases over ₽3000.

They offer an extended warranty as well.

3 people like this

Thanks for the input,  I am shocked things can be ordered without any payment.  They seem to be set on Lazada so will let them go that route.  While buying locally would be a good idea he is in a computer sciences course and hopefully should not need advice, he has also kept an old net book going for years so should be good to go there.

4 people like this

Where did they deliver the UPS to and how long did it take. UPS has battery so can't be by air.

I've bought several APC Back UPS devices. They are as good or better than the less expensive Chinese products and have an extremely good warranty program. The devices are available at many computer stores. Delivery is by land or ferry as far I can tell.

I don't believe the issue is battery, it is the TYPE of battery that is restricted as air cargo.

2 people like this

The BIL is in a computer sciences course and needs a new laptop.  The whole thing has me a bit confused.  They want to order the computer from Lazada and have it delivered to Naval, Biliran.

The wife is telling me that they can order the computer from Lazada and pay for it when it shows up at LBC.   I find this very hard to believe that they would ship something that is not paid for but what do I know and it is the PI's  Any better place to buy a computer without traveling to Cebu?

Is there any way I could pay for this from the US and have it shipped to Naval?   Any and all suggestions, ideas, information, thoughts or wisecracks on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

The wife and I have been married 10 years, so there are no trust issues with this.      Jester

I'm in the provinces and use Lazada all the time - also use the COD option quite often too - had new phone delivered here recently and paid COD at LBC office - no problems so far.

3 people like this

Delivered it to the door. It took the time they had stated. Around a week.

2 people like this

I tried to order on Openpinoy with VISA 2 days ago - and the payment was rejected - lol - so I just drove to E-Mall and bought me a 2nd hand HP Laptop with Win7 installed but no battery at 7000php - Runs perfectly.

Ordering with Lazada is ok - BUT - look who is the supplier - because many items are "delivered from abroad" meaning you wait some weeks longer.
AND delivery especially for large itema and items with BATTERIES takes longer - LAZADA do ship fast from manila to your destination port - usually overnight - but then its up to your local transportation company for the delivery.
The refridgerator I bought was shipped overnight from manila to cebu - but took another 4 WEEKS (!) to get delivered to my door just 8KM waway from Cebu port.

If buying from Amazon in the US - unfortunately it is forbidden by law to send computer and other electronic devices to destinations outside the USA (maybe thats why they all get produced in China - LOL) - so you need additional service like http://johnnyairplus.com to get it. You save the delivery cost inside USA but pay this for the delivery to the philippines - AND it takes longer as its not done by UPS.

If you have 1-2 month time you can either order with Lazada or with Amazon US - or better drive to the next bigger town and look where to buy a computer. The latter is also better in case you have problems as then you can use the warranty from the dealer. Just imagine sending back to Lazada or even Amazon ...

2 people like this

on lazada when you do search for an item

you have some check boxes to narrow the search

look bottom left

post-6705-0-04965800-1485908897_thumb.png

2 people like this

I would jump on a flight or ferry to Cebu or Manila and visit SM Cebu Cyberzone or some of those large computer places around there or... go to SM North (Annex)… There are many more choices, could haggle for a better price, etc. and enjoy visiting a larger city haha :D

2 people like this