• Announcements

• Paul

New Members' Forum   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Jester

Buying computer in the province

43 posts in this topic

I ordered a Carrier inverter air conditioning unit a few weeks ago from Lazada using their COD method. Their website claimed delivery in 2-4 days (to Cebu) and they charged me just over 2,000p for shipping. Turned out they sent the damned thing via ferry and it took 2 weeks to deliver (with some parts broken). I used epoxy putty to repair the broken parts and just avoided trying to deal with Lazada customer service at all.

Those AC units are awesome though. I got the 1.5 Silver series because they didn't have the gold series locally and its really quiet, cant even hear it, and the electric bill with the ac set to 25c 24/7 is about 2500 pesos a month.

As for Lazada, now you guys have me wondering if I can have stuff delivered here instead of driving 3 hours to the city everytime I want to shop for something.

As for Lazada, now you guys have me wondering if I can have stuff delivered here instead of driving 3 hours to the city everytime I want to shop for something.

what ever lazada is selling  

it may take some days, sometimes more than a week

if item contains batteries of any form, it can not be shipped by air

Edited by Woolf
2 people like this

if item contains batteries of any for, it can not be shipped by air

OR, items containing compressed gases, such as an AC unit!

2 people like this

Good timing for this information. Question is Idea pad the same as Laptop?

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 110. It is an underpowered laptop. Good for surfing and some of the things I need a laptop for. It also has a CD/DVD included primary reason for owning it.

There are sellers of computer hardware etc in Ormoc city, closeby, An advantage to buying from a retailer whose main business is computers is the repair and advice if needed. I've bought a charity of computer related items from local retailers, in western leyte, and whenever I had a question or some warranty issue, I got assistance.

2 people like this

I use Lazada quite often rather than going to Cebu City. I set up a paypal.ph account and tied a US charge card to it with no problems. I have never tried COD and have been impressed with their customer service.

1 person likes this

The wife and I have been married 10 years, so there are no trust issues with this.      Jester

Its a shame you felt you had to state this - but i understand why..

1 person likes this

I use Lazada quite often rather than going to Cebu City. I set up a paypal.ph account and tied a US charge card to it with no problems. I have never tried COD and have been impressed with their customer service.

I actually pressed the COD button by mistake when I bought a UPS. But all was fine, prompt delivery as usual.

2 people like this

I have bought several computers from Apple no problems with delivery to the province arrival around 5 days service centers available locally if needed 

http://www.apple.com/ph

1 person likes this