Jester

Buying computer in the province

43 posts in this topic

The BIL is in a computer sciences course and needs a new laptop.  The whole thing has me a bit confused.  They want to order the computer from Lazada and have it delivered to Naval, Biliran.

The wife is telling me that they can order the computer from Lazada and pay for it when it shows up at LBC.   I find this very hard to believe that they would ship something that is not paid for but what do I know and it is the PI's  Any better place to buy a computer without traveling to Cebu?

Is there any way I could pay for this from the US and have it shipped to Naval?   Any and all suggestions, ideas, information, thoughts or wisecracks on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

The wife and I have been married 10 years, so there are no trust issues with this.      Jester

here is a laptop from lazada,  I just picked this one at random

look to the right   " Cash on delivery available"

http://www.lazada.com.ph/lenovo-ideapad-110-14ibr-14-intel-celeron-n3160-quad-core-4gbblackwindows-10-9085496.html

post-6705-0-99332000-1485822607_thumb.png

Edited by Woolf
4 people like this

Open pinoy is an awesome company and you can get it delivered there. I would have it delivered to the local LBC office and pick it up. Spent thousands of dollars with them.

http://www.openpinoy.com

3 people like this

Is there any way I could pay for this from the US and have it shipped to Naval?

You can pay with a credit card, I never tried that

I like the idea that I have the packet in hand before money is out my pocket

2 people like this

I have used both Lazada and Openpinoy in the past with satisfactory results. Yes, Lazada will COD it, seems to be their preferred method. Many items are COD only.

2 people like this

The BIL is in a computer sciences course and needs a new laptop.  The whole thing has me a bit confused.  They want to order the computer from Lazada and have it delivered to Naval, Biliran.

The wife is telling me that they can order the computer from Lazada and pay for it when it shows up at LBC.   I find this very hard to believe that they would ship something that is not paid for but what do I know and it is the PI's  Any better place to buy a computer without traveling to Cebu?

Is there any way I could pay for this from the US and have it shipped to Naval?   Any and all suggestions, ideas, information, thoughts or wisecracks on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

The wife and I have been married 10 years, so there are no trust issues with this.      Jester

I am in Naval. I order both paid for and COD items from Lazada. It's delivered to the door. LBC even text me to tell me the item has been received in the local office for delivery. Why don't you try Ormocnet. A years guarantee and you dont have far to take it back. Buy it from the states and it's probably made over here anyway.

Edited by hyaku
2 people like this

just noticed  "14 days easy return"    on my screen shot above

1 person likes this

Good timing for this information. Question is Idea pad the same as Laptop? 

1 person likes this

" Cash on delivery available"

I order both paid for and COD items from Lazada. It's delivered to the door.

Yes, Lazada will COD it, seems to be their preferred method.

I've gotten frustrated and given up with Lazada over this. You look at an item and then input your province and barangay and it says "COD available for this item at your location."

And then when you go to checkout it always says "COD not available for this item at your location."

edit: just tried it again and got this:

post-5791-0-99215300-1485824916.jpg

and then this:

post-5791-0-67429500-1485824927.jpg

Edited by BossHog
1 person likes this

The wife is telling me that they can order the computer from Lazada and pay for it when it shows up at LBC.

I ordered a Carrier inverter air conditioning unit a few weeks ago from Lazada using their COD method. Their website claimed delivery in 2-4 days (to Cebu) and they charged me just over 2,000p for shipping. Turned out they sent the damned thing via ferry and it took 2 weeks to deliver (with some parts broken). I used epoxy putty to repair the broken parts and just avoided trying to deal with Lazada customer service at all.

1 person likes this