• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Jawny

Any ideas when the nasty weather system will pass?

16 posts in this topic

For the last 24 hours or so, we've been experiencing very strong winds and rain showers. It doesn't seem to be letting up. The PAGASA website is not clear about the system.

Any weather aficionados know about the weather in the PAR at present? Particularly Eastern visayas.

I wanted to make travel plans using ferries, but can't get a good read on the weather and signals.

Jawny, you will have some pretty good winds for the next few days at least. I'm in Cebu City and we've been beautiful for several days now with no major rain in sight. However, you will have to contend with the waves. I'd take a big slow boat. Fast craft will be very bumpy.  

Looking at the forecast models there is really no day this week that there is not at least a chance for rain. Thursday is looking like it will be the best day coming up this week. Maybe no rain at all and calm winds. After that, there will be another low pressure system that will bring wind and heavier rain back over the eastern visayas and eventually rain over all of the visayas by the weekend. That of course is subject to change, but that is how it looks right now.  

2 people like this

For the last 24 hours or so, we've been experiencing very strong winds and rain showers. It doesn't seem to be letting up. The PAGASA website is not clear about the system.

Any weather aficionados know about the weather in the PAR at present? Particularly Eastern visayas.

I wanted to make travel plans using ferries, but can't get a good read on the weather and signals.

same here in so leyte my first time i have to wear heavy coat ,and bloody cold rain, i cancel my trip to cebu  i will go for annual report in feb and our 4day shopping  and then cut for it ,

1 person likes this

The weather will always remain unpredictable, but this is my go-to site and it has showed itself to be quite reliable - https://www.windytv.com/?rain,10.736,124.294,9

How is the gout? I am sure body signs are telling .....

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Eastern visayas.

"5-Day Tropical Discussion:

A near-equatorial trough remains horizontal, centered near 7°N latitude.  The disturbance centered roughly near 145-150°E continues to be the subject of interest.  Although it is yet to be classified as an invest, this disturbance continues to maintain model trend consistency, showing mild development over the course of the next 5 days.  It is expected to enter the Philippine Area of Responsibility by Thursday, spreading showers across the western Carolines and Palau in the near-term.  Currently, the probability for tropical cyclone development with this disturbance remains low.  If any development occurs, it will be limited; i.e. a minor tropical depression.  That noted, regardless of the cyclone status, heavy rainfall will be the main threat of this system.

Current forecast paints the threat of heavy rain across Caraga and the Eastern Visayas region this weekend.  News reports from the Caraga Region is indicate over 22-thousand residents are still in evacuation shelters after previous flooding events from earlier in the month.  If the current forecast verifies, it may intensify a delicate situation.  We'll continue to monitor the situation as the disturbance evolves."

http://www.westernpacificweather.com/2017/01/24/western-pacific-tropical-update-24-january-2017/

post-5791-0-85695100-1485254913_thumb.gif

Edited by BossHog
3 people like this

Well, this is the second wind storm in less than two weeks. We've had rain from before Christmas, but the wind came as a surprise both times. For the past 24 hours, we've had some pretty extreme gusts. Right now we are in a generator for our evening activities. The brown out lasted all day, then when they did get the power back on, it was only around 100 volts. I managed to burn up a UPS before I realized the problem.

I guess that 100 volts was too much, so it came on, went off an hour later. Sorry to whine.

I'm downloading the windytv app now.

Thanks.

We've had rain from before Christmas

My Neighbor is building an Arc...

For the past 24 hours, we've had some pretty extreme gusts.

Same here; we had consistent 25-30 knot winds from 3 am until mid-afternoon today with some gusts much stronger.

No brownout (fingers crossed) but did lose one lakatan banana tree.