Kreole

Most secure way to send credit cards from the US to the Philippines

Jack_be_nimble    636

Fedex will be passed off to Air21, while UPS will be passed off to LBC. Either should get it to you, or at least for pickup at your choice of branch location on Siquijor.

FedEx is now passed off to Air21 like in the old days of 4 years ago?  I thought 2GO was the in-country handler since approx 2 years ago. Good to know there are many options.

Edited by Jack_be_nimble

+shadow    14,267

FedEx is now passed off to Air21 like in the old days of 4 years ago?  I thought 2GO was the in-country handler since approx 2 years ago. Good to know there are many options.

I think they will pass it off to whoever is more convenient in the given area. However, FEDEX does not operate trucks everywhere, they use other couriers in many remote areas, but you can usually count on it getting there (or close).

Jack_be_nimble    636

I think they will pass it off to whoever is more convenient in the given area. However, FEDEX does not operate trucks everywhere, they use other couriers in many remote areas, but you can usually count on it getting there (or close).

Thanks, Shadow, for the clarification.  I do remember some talk years ago about FedEx getting booted out, and using in-county couriers exclusively, leaving FedEx to have only distribution locations near airports and shipping docks. So, I guess that never really happened, not completely, anyway.  Or, my mind is fuzzy this morning.

• Like 1

liquido    882

doesn't USPS use FedEx/DHL/... for international delivery? or you mean airmail?

Really not sure about that ..It was a few years back..When he told he used USPS cause it was cheaper  I thought it would be a hail mary getting it..When I actually got it i had to apologize to him plus it was less than 2 weeks..

senseless    967

For those of you who get screwed by fedex being charged taxes on the cost of shipment.... I switched to DHL because DHL does not make you pay tax on the cost of the postage. This is probably some internal scam that allows a senior at fedex/air21 to collect some plus plus.

I went once and personally processed the clearance for a server valued at 85,000P. I knew they would try to screw me and I knew what the rules were. I processed myself and only paid the 12% vat (no added duties as they were trying to charge me). I didn't have to pay any tax to customs for anything else than the goods (they didn't tax me for the cost of shipment - only for the value of the goods themselves). I'm pretty sure there's no 'rule' that says that customs agents need to tax the cost of shipment. Maybe I'm wrong. But, In my experience with UPS, DHL and Fedex, only Fedex made me pay taxes on the shipping cost.

As far as I know Fedex is 100% handled by Air21. They might have a fedex truck even a fedex uniform. It doesn't mean they answer to anyone from fedex. In the same way, you might walk into a mcdonalds or an ihop and see someone in a mcdonalds/ihop uniform selling mcdonalds/ihop food. It doesn't mean that employee is answerable to the US parent company. They're completely separate with different CEOs.

Also, I just sent the wife's new card over in a my-shoppingbox, box. Is it really a concern if someone steals a card that isn't even yet activated? If you don't receive it just say it was stolen get a new one and try again. Eventually one will get through. Personally, I've never had any problems with MSB and things going missing. (And I've sent some valuable stuff with them).

Edited by senseless

liquido    882

Is it really a concern if someone steals a card that isn't even yet activated? If you don't receive it just say it was stolen get a new one and try again.

On the contrary yes it is....Some people may only have one card and need it NOW...

RogerDat    2,507

In the last 5 years many things have changed for the better here, hope it continues.

They even stopped opening my birthday cards last 5 years.

+Salty Dog    42,800

On the contrary yes it is....Some people may only have one card and need it NOW...

No one who lives in the Philippines should ever expect to get anything NOW....  :db:

TheWhiteKnight    1,152

For those of you who get screwed by fedex being charged taxes on the cost of shipment.... I switched to DHL because DHL does not make you pay tax on the cost of the postage. This is probably some internal scam that allows a senior at fedex/air21 to collect some plus plus.

I went once and personally processed the clearance for a server valued at 85,000P. I knew they would try to screw me and I knew what the rules were. I processed myself and only paid the 12% vat (no added duties as they were trying to charge me). I didn't have to pay any tax to customs for anything else than the goods (they didn't tax me for the cost of shipment - only for the value of the goods themselves). I'm pretty sure there's no 'rule' that says that customs agents need to tax the cost of shipment. Maybe I'm wrong. But, In my experience with UPS, DHL and Fedex, only Fedex made me pay taxes on the shipping cost.

As far as I know Fedex is 100% handled by Air21. They might have a fedex truck even a fedex uniform. It doesn't mean they answer to anyone from fedex. In the same way, you might walk into a mcdonalds or an ihop and see someone in a mcdonalds/ihop uniform selling mcdonalds/ihop food. It doesn't mean that employee is answerable to the US parent company. They're completely separate with different CEOs.

Also, I just sent the wife's new card over in a my-shoppingbox, box. Is it really a concern if someone steals a card that isn't even yet activated? If you don't receive it just say it was stolen get a new one and try again. Eventually one will get through. Personally, I've never had any problems with MSB and things going missing. (And I've sent some valuable stuff with them).

It depends on what is declared, USAA sent my card as a document, no tax from FedEx. Personal documents are not taxable. Schwab sent my card declared as a magnetic record-able media just a week later ($1 value) and those feckers got me for 500P in customs and same day storage fees.

Headshot    19,307

If you are an RAO member (US military retired), you can have credit cards sent securely through the US mail and not have to deal with any Philippine postal or courier service.