Kreole

Most secure way to send credit cards from the US to the Philippines

20 posts in this topic

I live on Siquijor island, and was just notified that my credit union will be sending my new cc in mid February.  In a post from last year, a couple of routes were mentioned, such as FedEx and UPS.  However, I imagine that it might be a little more difficult to receive in the province.  I wonder if either of those will deliver here?  Extra charges?  Is the envelope passed on to LPS when it gets to Cebu?  I do have the option of having the cards delivered to the hotel where I frequently stay in Cebu have been staying for the last 6 years, and who's management I trust.  Any suggestions here?  Thanks ahead.

You can have it delivered to a location of the agency.  I often use the Office in SM mall for deliveries of this sort.  

My wife sent mine one time by Fed Ex, and they custom taxed it for mailing fee, since then PhilPost has delivered them to my PO box with no problem.

Edited by RogerDat
1 person likes this

My USAA credit card was about to expire, USAA from Texas sent me a new card at our home today here in NCR after 3 days via FedEx including a tracking number at no charge. They even increased my credit card limit without me asking.

Fedex will be passed off to Air21, while UPS will be passed off to LBC. Either should get it to you, or at least for pickup at your choice of branch location on Siquijor.

Edited by shadow

Fedex will be passed off to Air21,

If it is Air21, they don't call it that here on Cebu. They call themselves FEDEX and deliver out here in the province in a FEDEX truck.

My friend in the USA sent one to me USPS Priority mail and got it ..I was so frickin mad when he sent it that way ...maybe i was lucky

We have sent them UPS/Fedex ,  this is to a small Brgy on Biliran.  After paying an outrageous $70 from the US, they call and make them pick it up at their office in Naval (The big town on Biliran)

If it is Air21, they don't call it that here on Cebu. They call themselves FEDEX and deliver out here in the province in a FEDEX truck.

Well, I am referring to what my experience in the past has been here in Negros Oriental. Anything shipped to us FEDEX has arrived through Air21. Siquijor in the past being a remote island that was part of Negros Oriental, I sincerely doubt they have FEDEX trucks there. I can see Siquijor from my bedroom window.

Edited by shadow
2 people like this

My friend in the USA sent one to me USPS Priority mail and got it ..I was so frickin mad when he sent it that way ...maybe i was lucky

doesn't USPS use FedEx/DHL/... for international delivery? or you mean airmail?