• +Forum Admin
  • 8,364 posts
  • 3291 thanks
  • 332 topics
  • Local time: 09:15 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 12 January 2017 - 4:50 PM

No, we renew our pps through the embassy.  

But they are not printed at the embassy, they are printed in the USA.  Same-o, same-o

Larry in Dumaguete

Pinay Visa

#22 SkyMan

SkyMan

Stripe Rider

• +Global Mod
  • 18,636 posts
  • 3372 thanks
  • 1,017 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 12 January 2017 - 5:37 PM

But they are not printed at the embassy, they are printed in the USA.  Same-o, same-o

It could be printed on the North Pole and return to the embassy by St Nick.  But you apply to and it comes back from the embassy.

First they came for the verbs, and I said nothing because verbing weirds language.  Then they arrival for the nouns, and I speech nothing because I no verbs.

#23 shadow

shadow

Play that funky music

• +Forum Admin
  • 8,364 posts
  • 3291 thanks
  • 332 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 12 January 2017 - 6:10 PM

It could be printed on the North Pole and return to the embassy by St Nick.  But you apply to and it comes back from the embassy.

Here is the quote in question, and what I was answering to;

All Brit passports renewal applications must be sent to the UK..Processed and then delivered back..

British embassy do not issue passports...Useless fecks!!

The embassy sends your application to the US where it is processed, the passport printed, then sent back to the embassy by embassy diplomatic pouch. Either way it is processed and printed overseas, so it adds time sending it back and forth, plus whatever extra time is involved in getting it to/from you and the embassy.

It would likely be faster if you were allowed to send the application directly to/from the US Government Publishing office, but for security reasons, it's not set up that way any more. All actual processing is done in the US. The embassy is little more than a secure travel agent, they gather/check your documents and send them overseas. 

• Jawny likes this

#24 Jawny

Jawny

LiveInLeyte

• Elite
  • 3,289 posts
  • 759 thanks
  • 107 topics
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate

Posted 12 January 2017 - 6:32 PM

Just to be clear, when I presented my passport to the embassy staff, they accept the application, cancelled the old passport and returned it to me. The embassy then had my new passport processed in the USA. So, for a period of time, I was without a valid passport while the process, in the USA, was completed. The Manila embassy does not issue passports, according to them.
  • shadow likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
shadow

#25 SkyMan

SkyMan

Stripe Rider

• +Global Mod
  • 18,636 posts
  • 3372 thanks
  • 1,017 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 12 January 2017 - 6:49 PM

But I think it's a lot easier for most to apply for the pp at the Cebu Consul and receive the new pp at home from Air21 than to try and figure out how to securely mail their pp/app/and whatever payment type to the US and arrange for return mail.  That would probably add $60 for Fedex or whatever.  I could do it through FPO mail but not a lot of people have that option.  I went through the embassy and return was less than a month so no biggy.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea