Comfy Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

6 hurt on PAL flight, KC and the Sunshine band?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Alfred E. Neuman

Alfred E. Neuman

What me worry?

• Elite
  • 4,229 posts
  • 709 thanks
  • 82 topics
  • Local time: 04:23 AM
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 11 January 2017 - 6:06 PM

They didn‘t want to give it up.
  • Monsoon and thebob like this

#12 Jester

Jester

Emperor of America

• Diamond Sponsor
  • 2,607 posts
  • 378 thanks
  • 203 topics
  • Local time: 08:23 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Visited 6 to 9 trips

Posted 11 January 2017 - 6:50 PM

I went to see Sha na na several years ago,  I don't think one member of the group was from the original group, all younger musicians playing on a name.  The group is what 50 years old?

KC is from Florida in the early 70's so likely same same.       

#13 thebob

thebob

The one and only.

• VIP
  • 16,937 posts
  • 4534 thanks
  • 462 topics
  • Local time: 05:23 AM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 11 January 2017 - 8:17 PM

Sounds like they had their booty shaken.

#14 A_Simple_Man

A_Simple_Man

Good Morning

• Sponsor
  • 6,924 posts
  • 1706 thanks
  • 151 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

When is the last time you flew and all but one passenger had their seat belt fastened at flight altitude..

ummm ..  Dec 15?

#15 Buko Beach

Buko Beach
  • Elite
  • 1,394 posts
  • 333 thanks
  • 28 topics
  • Local time: 03:23 PM
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

Logical NOT... :fool:

Something could have fallen on her head, she could have banged it against the bulkhead if she was in a window seat, one of those flight attendants could have fallen against her, she could have been in the cr or going to or from the cr. 

When is the last time you flew and all but one passenger had their seat belt fastened at flight altitude..

If you go back and read the article again, the clear air turbulence happened 19minutes before landing, which means the aircraft was descending from cruise altitude. Once the descent begins the fasten seatbelt sign goes on, and all passengers are instructed to place seats in upright positions, stow away tray tables, ect.

While there's no way to tell if the passenger injuries were caused from a couple of people not wearing a seat belt and hitting their head on the overhead bin, or from cabin crew who most likely would have been walking around preparing the aircraft for landing and they indirectly caused the passenger injuries when they went flying (literally).

The one thing I can tell you is, there are always a few passengers on every flight who refuse to fasten their seat belt for whatever reason, so it is possible

Personally I always have my seat belt loosely fastened while in-flight at cruise altitude after an incident decades ago on a northwest flight coming over the rockies the plane dipped a couple of hundred feet suddenly and I didn't have my seat belt on. I flew out of my seat about a foot or so and luckily landed back in my seat. After that I always loosely fasten my seat belt and it saved me on another occasion flying on BA LHR-BKK.
  • shadow and A_Simple_Man like this

Thanked by 1 Member:
SkyMan

#16 shadow

shadow

Play that funky music

• +Forum Admin
  • 8,384 posts
  • 3302 thanks
  • 333 topics

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:41 AM

If you go back and read the article again, the clear air turbulence happened 19minutes before landing, which means the aircraft was descending from cruise altitude. Once the descent begins the fasten seatbelt sign goes on, and all passengers are instructed to place seats in upright positions, stow away tray tables, ect.

While there's no way to tell if the passenger injuries were caused from a couple of people not wearing a seat belt and hitting their head on the overhead bin, or from cabin crew who most likely would have been walking around preparing the aircraft for landing and they indirectly caused the passenger injuries when they went flying (literally).

The one thing I can tell you is, there are always a few passengers on every flight who refuse to fasten their seat belt for whatever reason, so it is possible

Personally I always have my seat belt loosely fastened while in-flight at cruise altitude after an incident decades ago on a northwest flight coming over the rockies the plane dipped a couple of hundred feet suddenly and I didn't have my seat belt on. I flew out of my seat about a foot or so and luckily landed back in my seat. After that I always loosely fasten my seat belt and it saved me on another occasion flying on BA LHR-BKK.

I was on a PAL flight over Hawaii once years ago, when it hit a wind sheer (sound like that is what happened here). Most everyone was asleep, including me, but any time the engines wind down it wakes me up. Such was the case, evidently the captain foresaw a potential problem, and backed out of the throttle, although he made no announcement. I was buckled in, but anyone (about 10-15) who was not literally bounced off the ceiling.  2-3 adults and a child, and one of the stewardesses was hurt, and we made an emergency landing in Honolulu to offload them.

Wind sheers are really freaky. It felt like we had fallen hundreds of meters, but probably it was only a few hundred feet as it was only a couple of seconds. I had a whole new respect for the 747-400 after that, as it felt like it should have ripped the wings completely off.

• Buko Beach likes this

Larry in Dumaguete

Pinay Visa

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea