Lee

[Split Topic] Buying a Condo

96 posts in this topic

Considering a semi-permanent move out there from here in Vegas as I want to retire fully before 40 and resume traveling again. Currently, reading the forums on condos here to decide if I want to purchase a new ayala unit that will be ready 3 years down the road or rent until I find that perfect fire sale. I used to live in Cebu for almost 2 years in 2008 and 2009...I left Cebu to specifically nab real estate in Vegas as they were literally giving away houses to cash buyers.

1 person likes this

Any good sites or agents out there who can help me find that "white fly"? I might fly out in March. 

Any good sites or agents out there who can help me find that "white fly"? I might fly out in March. 

Boots on the ground, drop in on the buildings that interest you and ask the staff if they know of anyone who wants a rush sale. In all my years going to Cebu, I have only seen one deal near Ayala and it was not a fire sales, it was a one bedroom in Calyx listed last year at a reasonable price when the westerner owner wanted to get rid of it and sell it for what his pre construction price was supposedly and because his plans had changed, it had been listed on both

olx.ph  and on cebuclassifieds

There sometimes are deals listed on this very forum, keep your eyes open, they usually go fast

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/forum/38-cebu-classified-advertisements/ 

This site gives info on a large selection of condo projects ('ready for occupancy' and pre-sell) from a variety of developers:

http://www.cebuinvestment.com/

of course you know most of us if we found that special fire sale we would just buy it ourselves 

Considering a semi-permanent move out there from here in Vegas as I want to retire fully before 40 and resume traveling again. Currently, reading the forums on condos here to decide if I want to purchase a new ayala unit that will be ready 3 years down the road or rent until I find that perfect fire sale. I used to live in Cebu for almost 2 years in 2008 and 2009...I left Cebu to specifically nab real estate in Vegas as they were literally giving away houses to cash buyers.

there aren't only a handful of projects. Have you checked the developers' websites?