smokey

anyone notice the roads have this war zone feel

18 posts in this topic

went to S/R From SM Cebu  today and dang even in a pick up my teeth rattled a few times due to the craters in the street isnt that a New road that was done not once but twice... if so they should post a wanted poster for the company that did the work

1 person likes this

Yep, absolutely right.  It's a tarmac section I think, pounded daily by trucks and just not up to the job.  Concrete roads are the only way to go for high traffic routes here as they figured out long ago in Thailand and elsewhere. 

The whole traffic/road situation in Cebu City is deteriorating at a rapid rate of knots.  Even less of enforcement of traffic rules - such as they are - as there are hardly any CITOMs these days.  The helmet law is a complete joke and I've lost count of the number of families on a bike that I seen dicing with death with only dad wearing a helmet or not as the case may be.  Complete gridlock will come one day soon, probably during a heavy rain storm, with some flooding and the break down of a few unmaintained vehicles on key roads and intersections.   

1 person likes this

and you've only just noticed this ? :idontknow:

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3 people like this

That corvette rides like a truck...don't it?

2 people like this

I guess that's that's why "skywalker" has a Ferrari :yahoo:

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2 people like this

I drove from Moalboal to Mactan yesterday and from the SRP to the old bridge was the worst bit of road on the whole journey.

I think it's the only part of Cebu that you need an SUV.

Big potholes everywhere, all is true what you said including helmets etc.

At least we are winning the war on drugs - which will go on forever since the supply of young people with no hope shows no end.

2 people like this

Yep, absolutely right.  It's a tarmac section I think, pounded daily by trucks and just not up to the job.  Concrete roads are the only way to go for high traffic routes here as they figured out long ago in Thailand and elsewhere. 

The whole traffic/road situation in Cebu City is deteriorating at a rapid rate of knots.  Even less of enforcement of traffic rules - such as they are - as there are hardly any CITOMs these days.  The helmet law is a complete joke and I've lost count of the number of families on a bike that I seen dicing with death with only dad wearing a helmet or not as the case may be.  Complete gridlock will come one day soon, probably during a heavy rain storm, with some flooding and the break down of a few unmaintained vehicles on key roads and intersections.   

I saw last week in Talisa a girl or I should say two girls on a bike with 3 babies between them which is not unusual except the driver was or must of been new she was wobbling all over the road I was scared to pass her just in case she fell oh no helmets of course and paper plate and slippers for the driver

hey I don't drive it much but when I do I get all the chicks.... many ask sir can I have a ride.. sir are you married... sir can I sit in your car..  might be the very old version of brad pitt

some days I drive my truck... some days the vet and some days the multi cab ... all depends on my mood for the day..

3 people like this

it's even worse if you walk.

Mars suits and rovers will sell here. Maybe a new tourist attraction? :D

1 person likes this

Ive taken my L3 up roads in the hills only Habal Habals or crazy foreigners would traverse, and those roads are better than some Cebu city streets..

2 people like this