shadow

Pickpocket stabs Aussie in Bacolod

Goetz1965    398

That knife sure is not made for cutting fruits - and police also knows how a Kubotan looks like - or do you think PNP is that stupid ?
They sure will not say anything to the guy with a bolo and fruits in his basket - but you sure can go on carrying that knife or a kubotan - or anything that is more a weapon than just a knife.
But don't complain later if they jail you ....

Lee    17,015

That knife sure is not made for cutting fruits - and police also knows how a Kubotan looks like - or do you think PNP is that stupid ?

They sure will not say anything to the guy with a bolo and fruits in his basket - but you sure can go on carrying that knife or a kubotan - or anything that is more a weapon than just a knife.

But don't complain later if they jail you ....

I have been carrying a knife clipped to my pocket, thus in plain sight for over 22 years, I had one guard years ago at SM tell me that I could not carry it into the mall and then when I told him I would leave, he made me sign their book of weapons, which had row after row of guns but never asked for id or proof who I was, so I could have signed John Smith, had I wanted to.

In Manila, Cebu and Cagayan de Oro I have discussed carrying a knife with police officers and in Makati I discussed it with a police captain and an undercover and none of them told me or even suggested that I could not carry the knife. In all countries there is the letter of the law and the intent of the law and the police told me and I already understood that the intent of the law is to keep gang members and those locals who intend to use them for the wrong purposes, from carrying knives. I am pretty sure the police know expats do not carry knives to use in crimes but like with everything else, a rookie could decide to try to make a name for himself.

Now with all that said, I do not recommend people carry a knife unless they are willing to suffer the consequences should they have to use said knife in self defense but at the same time I am confident that I will not be arrested for carrying it unless I have to use it in self defense, then it will depend on a lot of things but if it means saving my wife's life or that of my friends, then so be it, I would be willing to die to protect my wife, thus I would be willing to die in jail if need be.

I am trained in how to take a gun away from criminals, that would be my first action and thought should I come up against an untrained robber with a gun, using a knife against a gun would be a fools game but using a knife against a guy or a few guys with knives, is better than trying to fight them with my hands, no weapons by bad guys would mean no weapon by me, common sense must prevail.

I believe we are all adults on here, thus we all have to make our own decisions as to what chances we are willing to take to survive a bad situation and I do use my knife to cut fruit all the time and especially when out in the provinces and sometimes even when in the city, so that is MY purpose for carrying one, self defense thoughts are only for when all else would not be an option. 

Edited by Lee
  • Like 4

TequilaSunset    884

The Le Picoeur I showed along with a karambit are great against guns just as are the hands. If you know how to disarm the enemy with a gun using your bare hands, these knives make it even better, and allow for a quicker disabling of said enemy. The karambit is meant more to kill, the Le Picoeur is more about disabling and getting away, but to the neck it can kill.

Lee    17,015

Better in the Philippines to use a weapon which is not meant to be a weapon, such as the pen for nerve strikes or a pocket knife for nerve strikes when closed or cutting as a last resort when open.  

• Like 1