• Announcements

• Paul

New Members' Forum   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

shadow

Pickpocket stabs Aussie in Bacolod

24 posts in this topic

A pickpocket stabbed and injured an Australian national at Araneta Street in Barangay 36, Bacolod City, at about 3 p.m. Thursday.

Matthew Feuetherdt, 40, temporarily residing in Barangay Tangub, Bacolod, sustained a wound on the palm of his right hand and was treated at the hospital, a police report said.

Investigation showed that Feuetherdt confronted the suspect identified as Jeffry Apdo, 27, of Barangay Singcang-Airport in Bacolod, who was stealing the wallet of an unidentified person, Police Officer 3 RomelBeato, duty investigator of Station 1, said yesterday.

Apdo stabbedFeuetherdt with a gaffe twice, Beato said.

He said Police Station 1 operatives arrested Apdo.

Beato said Apdo was charged yesterday for attempted homicide but he was ordered released after the reglamentary period for his detention lapsed before the raps were filed against him.*SGG

http://visayandailystar.com/2017/January/07/topstory4.htm

4 people like this

he was ordered released after the reglamentary period for his detention lapsed before the raps were filed against him

Strange country this is.

12 people like this

Strange country this is.

Had the Aussie stabbed the Filipino guy after being caught stealing a wallet ,

I just don't envisage that he would have likewise been released ,

Justice is something that to represent it's namesake "justice" , needs to be equally served,

Which just makes it a complete mockery in the Philippines.

12 people like this

Justice is often served by the family of victims here. I recall a story of a man who went to the police station to confront a fellow charged with killing his nephew. The uncle wanted to see the murderer who had just been apprehended. He faced off with the handcuffed (alleged) murderer cursing and such. In a flash, he produced a knife and stabbed the murderer. Two regrets.

He only had a pocket knife so the blade failed to do much damage.

He was arrested for attempted murder.

Pickpocket stabs Aussie in Bacolod

He was probably not complaining too much. There are a lot worse places to be stabbed than in the bacolods :).

3 people like this

I carry this around in the hood where I live, is it legal in the Phils?

scalp_zps4hgngymo.jpg

It's designed to inflict some serious damage, enough to get away from the situation... it will only kill if you strike the neck/arteries 

1 person likes this

I carry this around in the hood where I live, is it legal in the Phils?

scalp_zps4hgngymo.jpg

It's designed to inflict some serious damage, enough to get away from the situation... it will only kill if you strike the neck/arteries

A ball point pen or a car key to the eye is a game changer and legal to carry even for a foreigner.

1 person likes this

A ball point pen or a car key to the eye is a game changer and legal to carry even for a foreigner.

I have a Kubatan, I will just bring that... thanks for the better option

I have a Kubatan, I will just bring that... thanks for the better option

Pepper spray and stun guns are legal in the Philippines, and can be carried openly or concealed in most places. Not hard to come by and not expensive either.

That "knife" is forbidden here, also a kubotan - if police stops you and find that you will be charged for carrying a deadly weapon !

As I learn Arnis now (philippino martial arts) my sensai also trains us for sselfdefense against daggers and knifes and such.

So he always explains why not to carry weapons like knifes as police will sure confiscate that and maybe cile a charge.
With Arnis I only have my rattan stiks in my car - or maybe one of them with me - and in case I get controlled "its just a stick Sir" - even police knows that and won't do anything (and I always have my membership card at hand to proof I do Karate/Arnis).

1 person likes this