Skywalker    19,177

I don't disagree, but there is a very large "investment" aspect of the sales promotions.

So, to suddenly slip in a caveate, does seem a little unfair to those investors looking to maximise their income from their "investment" properties.

I don't have a horse in this race, but I can imagine that anyone having a quiet retired lifestyle in a condo here, might well be displeased by loud parties in the immediate vicinity, by short time tenants being oblivious to the quiet enjoyment of others.

• Like 1

rep1    1,315

I don't disagree, but there is a very large "investment" aspect of the sales promotions.

not large, more like 100%

Have you been to the condo announcement conferences? It's all about investment, investment, and investment. I turned back and walked away when I saw the cover of presentations. Nobody talks about quality or tech spec.

But then I realized it means a lot of buyers will be trapped to share the maintenance cost, without using it :D

• Like 2

+Monsoon    27,630

indeed it's there, but how do they distinguish friends from paid guests? it's not commercial if you don't register ;)

How it works at my units is guests report to reception who they are visiting. They then ring the unit where I can see them on the video phone screen. I can say whether I accept them or not.

If nobody is home then nobody gets upstairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there can't be a lot of traffic. It's just that condos here are not designed for full capacity, with every units occupied all the time.

If you buy/rent in a low density development they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Monsoon

Enuff    24,629

AirBnB is an asset light company, competing against hotels & resorts . . . . . they have nothing to lose.

If you buy a condo and cant afford it without "AirBnB", then maybe you shouldn't have bought it.

Hotels and resorts buy property, build buildings, employ locals and bring in tourists. They offer a value to the community and travelers alike.

AirBnb, Uber and others like them are the devil!!

• Like 5

toshi    741

I have to disagree, times always changing,

''old'' business models will become obsolete, they need to be renewed , everything will change, these new companies, some succeed, some not. Technology will change the whole ball game, again and again.. 

it was like that in the past, and it will be like that in the future..

and it's a good thing.. it keeps innovation going.

Just remember this, how many times you told your mum or dad, ''get with it... why u doing like that? it's old fashion..''

Some of you sound the same..

food for thought..

• Like 1

Enuff    24,629

Why would an investor back a new hotel?

Why would an investor buy taxi medallion?

Yes, times are changing but these antiquated services of hotels and taxis won't be able to compete with their counterparts.

When they are gone is when we will realize the problem.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by Enuff

toshi    741

sure, I'm not saying your wrong, but new avenues will open.

and big business should anticipate every challenge or they will lose out.

Investors wil back ANY profitable business, and if the Hotels are not being inventive, (like building large multiple use outlet,hotels attached to malls/amusmentparks etc), and they just build a hotel, they are asking to be eaten by new ideas and new players.

Think like this, it would be possible in 20 years that there will be no more taxi drivers,

it will possibly be something like ''shared cars'', you just order one on your phone (or whatever device there is) it will bring you where you need to go.

So should we be protective of the Taxi operators? NO, i don't think so, the ones on the forefront of invention will win the next customer base.

Same thing with transport, mostly will become automated , especially in the beginning of the process, there might be a person on the end of the system, but automated transport will most likely transport freight during quiet hour in the night.

I could mention Shipping cargo automated over the world.

restaurants with more automation, automated laundromats, and so on and so on.

Surly there will be some players doing it old style, but everything will change.

there will be the local butcher, restaurant or supermarket, always!! but life will become more automated, like it or not.

The role of government should be to gradually implement this, offer proper schools with a vision for the future, teach the people the ''next skills''

but THAT is a whole other can of worms...

Edited by toshi
  • Like 2

fred42    1,470

AirBnB is an asset light company, competing against hotels & resorts . . . . . they have nothing to lose.

If you buy a condo and cant afford it without "AirBnB", then maybe you shouldn't have bought it.

Hotels and resorts buy property, build buildings, employ locals and bring in tourists. They offer a value to the community and travelers alike.

AirBnb, Uber and others like them are the devil!!

Airbnb are a great app for ANY hotel or resort owner/management... Best on the market IMO.

rep1    1,315

was trying to find one today to survive water disconnection. It seems like 1016 and Calyx are on the list. So there is no trouble yet? not many options though. Are there many not on airbnb?

will definitely choose it over hotel for my families next time. washer and dryer will be priceless.

danoma    94

How you guys find a condo for short term if not with Airbnb? I'll be in cebu for 2 months starting April and I have yet to find a condo next to Ayala mall. Most pretend they are next to Ayala when they in fact are in IT Park (yes I'm thinking of you Calix Residence).

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk