• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Tullioz

Multiple people shot at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Intl. Airport - 3 Fatalities

78 posts in this topic

Why does this not surprise me and why it should not surprise any of you either, he was a Muslim convert.

I guess the surprising part is that he is a US Army veteran.

The suspect in the Fort Lauderdale airport shooting is a 26-year-old Army veteran named Esteban Santiago. Officials say he reached out to the FBI in November and told them that the Islamic State had taken control of his mind. USA TODAY NETWORK

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/01/09/esteban-santiago-fort-lauderdale-hollywood-airport-suspect-what-we-know/96342512/

Edited by mikewright

I guess the surprising part is that he is a US Army veteran.

Why should that be a surprise, there are Muslims right up at the top of the Obama administration too and other Muslims in the military have already killed other Americans in the name of Allah. 

Why should that be a surprise, there are Muslims right up at the top of the Obama administration too and other Muslims in the military have already killed other Americans in the name of Allah. 

The surprise to me is that someone who has served their country as a veteran would turn to terrorism. I guess the fact that he contacted the FBI a couple of months ago and informed the FBI that ISIS had taken control of his mind might have been a warning sign that he was not quite normal.

1 person likes this

The surprise to me is that someone who has served their country as a veteran would turn to terrorism. I guess the fact that he contacted the FBI a couple of months ago and informed the FBI that ISIS had taken control of his mind might have been a warning sign that he was not quite normal.

The most deadly single attack in the US prior to 911 was pulled off by a veteran, as were many more;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

The surprise to me is that someone who has served their country as a veteran would turn to terrorism.

Some may join for training, I am not saying that this fellow did but it is still possible. There is no question in my mind that the FBI and local police missed an opportunity to stop this fellow before he killed.

Intelligence Service: Islamists Joining Army To Get Weapons and Explosives Training

At least 20 Islamists have joined the Germany’s armed forces in order to gain detailed knowledge of explosives and weapons, the country’s intelligence service has found.

I did think about it. Does anybody seriously believe that terrorists go to online forums for ideas on where to strike? It is time for the US government (Homeland Security) to pull its head out of the sand and realize that reaction will never be as good as prevention. You prevent these terrorist strikes by finding (and fixing) the weaknesses in your system before the bad guys do ... NOT after. They need to take a page from Israel's book, and start dealing with threats and weaknesses before the possibility of prevention disappears.

I suspect it is time for the US public to pull their heads out of the sand and realize the gov cannot protect us.  

1 person likes this

Airport Shooter Converted to Islam, Identified as Aashiq Hammad Years Before Joining Army

The Ft. Lauderdale Airport shooter is a Muslim convert who years before joining the U.S. Army took on an Islamic name (Aashiq Hammad), downloaded terrorist propaganda and recorded Islamic religious music online, according to public records dug up by the investigative news site of an award-winning, California journalist. This is pertinent information that the Obama administration apparently wants to keep quiet, bringing up memories of the Benghazi cover up, in which the president and his cohorts knowingly lied to conceal that Islamic terrorists attacked the U.S. Special Mission in Libya.

Information is slowly trickling out that links the Ft. Lauderdale Airport shooter to radical Islam while the official story from authorities is that the gunman is a mentally ill, Hispanic Army veteran named Esteban Santiago that became unhinged after a tour in Iraq. Only one mainstream media outlet mentions the possibility of Santiago’s “jihadist identity,” burying it in a piece about New York possibly being his initial target. A paragraph deep in the story mentions that investigators recovered Santiago’s computer from a pawn shop and the FBI is examining it to determine whether he created a “jihadist identity for himself using the name Aashiq Hammad…” The reset of the traditional mainstream media coverage promotes the government rhetoric that omits any ties to terrorism even though early on a photo surfaced of Santiago making an ISIS salute while wearing a keffiyeh, a Palestinian Arab scarf.

The public records uncovered in the days after the massacre suggest Santiago (Hammad) is a radical Islamic terrorist that’s seriously committed to Islam. Besides taking on a Muslim name, he recorded three Islamic religious songs, including the Muslim declaration faith (“there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger”) known as the Shahada. He also posted a thread about downloading propaganda videos from Islamic terrorists on a weapons and explosives forum. The investigative news site that unearthed this disturbing information connected the dots between Santiago, who is of Puerto Rican descent, and Hammad, an identity he created in 2007.

This week a prominent Ft. Lauderdale businessman and longtime resident addressed a letter to the city’s mayor and commissioners blasting county and federal officials for covering up that “Aashiq Hammad, not Esteban Santiago, attacked our city and county.” The businessman, respected Ft. Lauderdale real estate entrepreneur Jim Morlock, specifically names Broward County’s elected sheriff Scott Israel, Florida senator Bill Nelson, the first to identify Santiago as the shooter on national television, and congressman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, ousted last summer as Democratic National Committee (DNC) chair over a scandalous plot to damage Bernie Sanders during the primary.

“Since when does a US Senator (Bill Nelson), not law enforcement, be the one to so quickly release this terrorist’s Hispanic name but nothing about his more relevant Islamic background?” the letter asks. Obama must have told Sen. Nelson to keep this from looking like a Muslim Terrorist attack during the last 12 days of his watch. Bad for his legacy.” Morlock goes on to state that it’s “better to portray this atrocity as white Hispanic Alaskan mental Iraq war vet gun violence.” The real estate entrepreneur proceeds to reveal that Santiago lives in walking distance to the only mosque in Alaska, was radicalized before he entered the military and was knowingly allowed to serve despite his Islamic sympathies thanks to “Obama’s PC military.”

The letter poses interesting questions, including why this Muslim terrorist chose Ft. Lauderdale out of all the nation’s airports and who Santiago knows in Broward county, which has a large and growing Islamic community. In 2015 Judicial Watch obtained records from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) that show and Al Qaeda terrorist who helped plan several U.S. attacks lived in Broward County and graduated from the local community college with a degree in computer engineering. His name is Adnan G. El Shukrijumah, but he also had a Hispanic identity, Javier Robles, and for years he appeared on the FBI’s most wanted list. Back in 2012 Judicial Watch reported on a terrorist front group’s demands that Broward County public schools close twice a year to celebrate Islamic holy days, illustrating the influence that Muslims have in the region.

I suspect it is time for the US public to pull their heads out of the sand and realize the gov cannot protect us. 

Right...that fact leaves a bad taste in the mouth but don't have to swallow to know what to do.

We can all move back to the Philippines where the President keeps the bad guys under control.

I will drive up to the Canadian boarder area, play with the cameras around the mass American refuge migration problem there first.