• 5 thanks
  • 19 topics
  • Local time: 03:34 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 21 January 2017 - 8:31 PM

immigration fees are part the cost of living as a tourist in phillippines

why worry about it, you can not do anything about it anyway

The P300 is not the issue, it's what's the correct information. They mention penalties, and even imprisonment. Everything here is so different from place to place, banks, BI offices, etc.. etc.... It's like everyone makes their own "House Rules"
"it's more fun in the Philippines" ain't flying with me anymore.

#62 AussieLex

AussieLex

Lex

• Elite
  • 859 posts
  • 251 thanks
  • 104 topics
  • Local time: 04:34 PM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:39 PM

Ok, thanks, but still don't know if I need to do it before the deadline March 3rd. Guess I'll have to take a trip to BI before then just to find out. Thanks..

If you go in early ...you can do your visa extension early if you want, when I was still on my first 6 month extension i added the next 6 month extension about 6 weeks before it was due and it wasn't a problem ... they just processed it like always and put the new sticker in my passport with the new expiry date in it ...

I believe the fine for not doing the annual report is 200 pesos a month for being overdue ...

Edited by AussieLex, 21 January 2017 - 11:41 PM .

Thanked by 1 Member:
familyguy

#63 Jawny

Jawny

LiveInLeyte

• Elite
  • 3,302 posts
  • 762 thanks
  • 107 topics
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate

Posted Yesterday, 7:10 AM

The BI has a Facebook which uses messenger. I used the site twice to get information about rules etc. one occasion they gave me a phone number to call and I got my answer immediately. The second time, I had a dialogue with them and did finally get an answer (though not as certain/clear as I hoped for). Even so, it was a way to get assistance short of a trip to the BI offices.

As far as the threatening tone of their notices to comply, it is just the nature of bureaucrats......and the nature of foreigners who have learned "ugma na lang".....do it tomorrow. By making themselves sound serious, they get a response.

In actuality, members of linC who have reported late told us that there was just a fine paid and life moved on.

Thanked by 1 Member:
familyguy

#64 SkyMan

SkyMan

Stripe Rider

• +Global Mod
  • 18,649 posts
  • 3376 thanks
  • 1,017 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted Yesterday, 7:14 AM

Ok, thanks, but still don't know if I need to do it before the deadline March 3rd. Guess I'll have to take a trip to BI before then just to find out. Thanks..

Looks like you already paid it in November.  Why pay again?

First they came for the verbs, and I said nothing because verbing weirds language.  Then they arrival for the nouns, and I speech nothing because I no verbs.

Thanked by 1 Member:
familyguy

4 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

David Spicer

Copyright © 2017 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea