AussieLex

Annual Reporting to the BI

87 posts in this topic

I checked the BI web site for requirements for the required annual report and couldn't find any requirements .. as in what is actually needed or the process when going to the BI for annual reporting ...this will be my first time so am unclear as to documentary requirements or what to do specifically ... okay I bring my passport and ACR card, do I need copies of anything...is a photo required ... I checked the BI web site under Forms for Annual Report and it simply says N/A ... 

Any advice appreciated ...

Posted (edited)

I checked the BI web site for requirements for the required annual report and couldn't find any requirements .. as in what is actually needed or the process when going to the BI for annual reporting ...this will be my first time so am unclear as to documentary requirements or what to do specifically ... okay I bring my passport and ACR card, do I need copies of anything...is a photo required ... I checked the BI web site under Forms for Annual Report and it simply says N/A ... 

Any advice appreciated ...

They will make an announcement.

Seems like they always come up with changes to the process just about every year. But for the most part, an oversimplification of the process is:  you turn up with your ACR card, pay and get a receipt. 

A few years back they started this online registration thing, so you needed to do that and provide a print out that you had done the registration. 

Let's wait and see what they come up with for this year.

Edited by Monsoon

I've never done an online registration, but did always bring my ACR, passport and last year's receipt. Seemed odd to bring the receipt, since they have a record of the report and payment already. Easy Peasy.

1 person likes this

This is my first year of reporting so don't have any previous receipts but have all my receipts and paperwork to day for past visas and the 13a provisional so guess i will take all those along for them in case they want anything ...

2 people like this

They had some separate bio data form a couple years ago that needed a pic and they took fingerprints.  One might assume any 13As done after that time would include that data.  All other times before or since I've shown up with ACR card and p310.  Seems like they bounce you across the hallway three or 4 times and then you're done.  The last trip across the hall is the most important.  After you get the receipt you have to go across to where they actually record the receipt in the system.

1 person likes this

I've never done an online registration, but did always bring my ACR, passport and last year's receipt. Seemed odd to bring the receipt, since they have a record of the report and payment already. Easy Peasy.

I once did not bring the receipt and they charged me for two years plus

did I hear that they were going to do a 3 year thing ... does seem a hassle to go to BI every year and waste a day

Posted (edited)

The receipts are redundant, but, this is the way it is. I recall the first time I renewed my ACR after five years. The instructions are to "retain receipts in your possession" which suggests clearly that they don't trust themselves. So, I showed up to pay my annual report and apply for the renewal. I had the receipts for each year of reporting, and of course photocopies of the same. I handed them the photocopies, but NOPE, not good enough. They had to have the originals and I was instructed to give them to the clerk. I never saw the originals again.

So much for the instruction of "retaining".

The bouncing back and forth between various windows or rooms depends upon where the renewal is done. In Cebu, I think you start with the security guy, who directs to the room across the hallway. Then they give you a small piece of paper which indicates what fee is to be paid. Then, back to the room where the security guard is, present the paper to some person in a particular window and wait till you're called. Then, once called you go to the cashier and pay the ₽310.

Take the receipt back to the room across the hall, they record that you paid, return the precious little receipt and you're done.

If you're counting, that is job security for at least four people.

Edited by Jawny

Seems like they always come up with changes to the process just about every year. But for the most part, an oversimplification of the process is:  you turn up with your ACR card, pay and get a receipt. 

That is pretty much it but it never hurts to bring past receipts, your passport, dna test, and proof of circumcision.
1 person likes this

and proof of circumcision.
I always carry that with me.

does seem a hassle to go to BI every year and waste a day
Can't recall it ever taking more than 20 minutes but YMMV.
2 people like this

This is my first year of reporting so don't have any previous receipts but have all my receipts and paperwork to day for past visas and the 13a provisional so guess i will take all those along for them in case they want anything ...

You should have the receipts from the original issuing of the 13A. I always carry all receipts, my passp[ort, and ACR card, but have never been asked for the receipts or my passport.

The bio-data information from a couple years ago was when the new Commissioner took over and they were checking all their records and checking for corruption.

1 person likes this