• +Global Mod
  • 18,649 posts
  • 3376 thanks
  • 1,017 topics
  • Local time: 04:13 AM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:30 PM

As Americans, we are lucky to live in a first-world country. We have an abundance of wealth and one of the highest standards of living anywhere in the world. That’s why it’s utterly stunning that the United States of America consistently ranks 182nd in the world alphabetically.

Simply put, it’s embarrassing. On a list of 195 countries, the United States is only ahead of 13, and we should be ashamed about that.

While countries like Venezuela and Zimbabwe fall below the United States, it’s the list of countries that have outpaced our country alphabetically that’s truly eye-opening. France is ahead of us. Brazil is ahead of us. That may be shocking enough. But guess what else is alphabetically in front of us? Laos. Ukraine. Even Syria, a country that’s been embroiled in civil war for almost four years now.

It’s time for Americans to take a long, sobering look at this country, and how it ended up all the way down at 182. There’s a lot of hard work to be done, but now is the time. Write to your congressperson and your senators, and demand that they do something about our deplorable ranking—if not for our sake, then for the sake of future generations. 

960.jpg

• Jester, Headshot, Soarking and 1 other like this

First they came for the verbs, and I said nothing because verbing weirds language.  Then they arrival for the nouns, and I speech nothing because I no verbs.

#2 ROCO22

ROCO22

Double Secret Sponsor

• Sponsor
  • 1,631 posts
  • 344 thanks
  • 136 topics
  • Local time: 02:13 PM
  • My Blood Type:A-
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:38 PM

Use international dialing/calling code as more realistic... reference.

hehehe :regler:

#3 aqd

aqd

:::::::
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

^^ ^^

• Elite
  • 2,902 posts
  • 124 thanks
  • 147 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:29 PM

rename to @_@

It's before any names composed of letters.
  • RogerDat likes this

#4 newtocebu

newtocebu

Artista

• Elite
  • 1,043 posts
  • 304 thanks
  • 52 topics
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

Aardvark?

#5 A_Simple_Man

A_Simple_Man

Good Morning

• Sponsor
  • 6,924 posts
  • 1706 thanks
  • 151 topics

Posted 29 December 2016 - 3:57 PM

God Bless America, United States of

Thanked by 1 Member:
SkyMan

#6 JamesMusslewhite

JamesMusslewhite

Emperor of the Moon, Inventor of Atmosphere

• Elite
  • 10,820 posts
  • 4645 thanks
  • 240 topics
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:49 PM

Well don't blame the South, we tried to make it the 'Confederate States of America'....

So you Yanks will just have to deal with the problem you created...  :biggrin_01:

• shadow likes this
“My grandfather used to say that once in your life you need a doctor, a lawyer, a policeman and a preacher, but every day, three times a day, you need a farmer.” Brenda Schoepp

My Facebook Group: "Philippine Farm and Garden - horticulture, aquaculture, and mariculture"

#7 Headshot

Headshot

My Wife's Teddy Bear

• +Global Mod
  • 20,635 posts
  • 6820 thanks
  • 396 topics

Posted 30 December 2016 - 1:01 PM

We should just shorten the name to America. Everybody else already does. That would put us near the top of the list.

• shadow likes this

If you don't know da rules, please read them.

If you do know da rules, please follow them.

#8 JamesMusslewhite

JamesMusslewhite

• Elite
  • 10,820 posts
  • 4645 thanks
  • 240 topics

Posted 30 December 2016 - 8:54 PM

We should just shorten the name to America. Everybody else already does. That would put us near the top of the list.

Yah but that would really confuse the Hell out of all the Hispanics as they all consider themselves part of either North, Central or South America.

#9 SkyMan

SkyMan

Stripe Rider

• +Global Mod
  • 18,649 posts
  • 3376 thanks
  • 1,017 topics

Posted 30 December 2016 - 9:26 PM

Yah but that would really confuse the Hell out of all the Hispanics as they all consider themselves part of either North, Central or South America.

They help themselves to America too.

• JamesMusslewhite likes this

#10 JamesMusslewhite

JamesMusslewhite

• Elite
  • 10,820 posts
  • 4645 thanks
  • 240 topics

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:56 AM

I am reminded of a Art Bell show once where he did open-lined for anyone who was a time travler. This one old boy called and said he was not a time traveler but was instead a visitor from an alternate reality where the South had won the Civil War. He said the war was decided at the first battle of Bull Run and that Lincoln had to resign as President out of disgrace. The country was pretty much still divided along the lines as they had existed at the start of the war. The Union still controlled the Northern States but had later seized all of Canada. The Southern Confederate States of America had seized Mexico and down into Panama. After the war the Southern States had abolished the practice of slavery. They offered freed blacks two options. They could take resettlement to Liberia or remain but relocate to a different State than that of the one where they were freed in. He said most later moved down to parts of Mexico because there were plenty of land there for them there. So the whole of North America was either the Northern United States of America or the Southern Confederate States of America.

This same guy said they had already visited 50 different realities but of those we seem to be the ones who had done less as to our space technology capabilities. He then replied that in one reality it was obvious that Germany had won the war. Seems they pop in Richmond Virginia where they saw Nazi flags hanging everywhere so they decided it best to quickly pop back out.

So there may be a reality somewhere on that infinite string of alternate realities where the US has a different name which is actually first on that list of names. :biggrin_01:    .         

Edited by JamesMusslewhite, 31 December 2016 - 12:59 AM .

• mikewright likes this

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea