• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

lamoe

A bed for aqd

19 posts in this topic

As soon as I saw this  I thought of him

http://newatlas.com/furlenco-pod-bed-tv-speakers-entertainment/47102/

With a Pod in your bedroom, you may never want to get up again

3 pictures

furlenco-pod-bed-tv-speakers-entertainme

Work, rest and play without getting out of bed, thanks to the Pod from Furlenco(Credit: Furlenco)

As many parents will know, getting a teenager out of bed can be an impossible task. Thanks to Bangalore-based furniture rental firm Furlenco, such trials may be about to get much, much harder. The company has just added the Pod to its catalog, which merges a bed, lamp, flat screen TV and speaker system into one piece of funky millennial furniture.

The Furlenco the all-in-one sleep and entertainment center includes a single bed and mattress, padded headboard and side table corner unit with built-in lamp and gadget charging sockets, a Panasonic 32-inch flat screen LED TV and a bookshelf unit that boasts an integrated 2.1 speaker system at the foot of the bed. Bluetooth connectivity is also on offer, and a "within arm's reach" system control setup.

Unfortunately for the vast majority of us, the Pod has rather limited availability. Only residents of Bangalore, Mumbai or Pune in India will be able to install this in a youngster's bedroom, and even then it's only up for rent not outright purchase – which could mean that the delivered unit may well have played host to previous occupants.

Furlenco does stress, however, that all its rentals "are restored to their original condition and subjected to rigorous quality tests before shipment" and that all of the soft furnishings will be brand new.

The company even includes one free cleaning token for subscribers.Furlenco is charging INR2,999 (about US$44) per month for a full tilt entertainment Pod, and INR2,499 for a version without the Panasonic TV.

Have a look at the promo video below to see what's on offer.Source: Furlenco

3 people like this

There are multiple furniture makers in Cebu who could make one just like it rather easily, and probably at a fairly reasonable price. Of course, those expats with the necessary skills could make one themselves without much trouble.

I'd prefer one with the mattress higher off the ground, so give it some sturdy legs. Also make it queen-size to sleep two. I'd need a larger TV - my personal preference would be a 40" Samsung or LG.

2 people like this

with queen size and a 55" TV it will do. TV price is lowering again! :D

But where to put the table when you sleep? foldable? I had a on-bed table for my suite in Taipei once, but .. eh, not sure where it is now, seems it went missing for a long time. There was some problem with such type.

okay so new things: foldable side table, padded headboard, or several pillows, found triangle ones. compact lamp on headboard? slim, vertical, ... need to dig further.

But where to put the table when you sleep?

You sleep?

Needs a relief tube...

how do you wash hands after using relief tube?

1 person likes this

That's the beauty of a relief tube...since you don't touch your package no disinfectant necessary!

Can't say as much for the tube though...

how do you wash hands after using relief tube?

We were taught not to piss on our hands  - punch line of an old joke.

Table could go into the storage area under footboard, the headboard is padded and has a light built in.

1 person likes this

Always thought a relief tube would be a great thing for a bar...then you could just concentrate on important stuff...of course then you could not read the bathroom walls

I just wear depends...people think I have a 2 gallon bladder!

2 people like this

Yes and make the bed and mattress  20 to 26 inches off the floor so you old knees take less punishment when you with your better half. I had one made out side of Bay Bay ,Leyte for three k pesos unvarnished and another 1,000 pesos deliver to Ormoc on top of a bus they carried to Dave's Apt Building ,then a 6 inch mega foam mattress add the right height as it out last us , get the Mega Foam Queen 6x60x75″
₱5,050.00 it firm but if you sit on the side it does not go bad like Dew-foam.  I gave my first Dew-foam too the maid a month after i bought it as sitting on the side made it go bad use the mega queen 9 years had  and sold it for 1,500  to my landlady after the big storm a few years back. Unless you want a hard hard one don't buy the rebonded foam 6 inches it like sleeping on the concrete floor and it never give way to be comfortable at all. Also make sure to have two by two legs no bigger so if your friend brings in bed bugs, you can buy plastic small containers and catch the bedbugs going or coming to ur bed put the legs in the  half full containers of oil  it works use mineral  oil bought at Mercury drug. Then 10 to 20 bottles of Alcohol to spray all the wooden areas of the bed and along all walls in the area of the bed for several days all your cloths washed in hot water.That a hard one so put all cloths pillows in black garbage bags and put in the car for a few days with the windows up that way temp way above what need to kill them and any eggs that are around . Now the mattress i put on my car each day in the sun but since it is foam they not like it or cant hide as no seams ,after a week they where gone.Better yet don't date a 18 yr old girl that taking hotel motel school and doing her intern ship at a hotel heeee  Good luck: PS had no TV or other things on my bed just the good mattress and great hard wood bed and strong as tongue and grove then extra glue and nails just in case of shaking bed all night and days from activity  ,that i can't do much any more.

Edited by tonny
2 people like this