• Elite
  • 3,183 posts
  • 763 thanks
  • 29 topics
  • Local time: 03:23 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 27 December 2016 - 2:49 AM

A collapse indicates the developer is careless and cannot be trusted.

Apparently many people don't share your mistrust. Horizons Tower 1 (55 floors) sold out last year, and I believe Tower 2 (46 floors) sold out this year. :)

#22 Kabisay-an gid

Kabisay-an gid

Viva Visayas!

• Elite
  • 3,183 posts
  • 763 thanks
  • 29 topics

Posted 27 December 2016 - 9:27 AM

The guy in St. Francis mentioned cockroach through garbage room.

If you have a garbage chute on your floor, open the chute door and spray thoroughly inside once a month, but don't overdo it. If you see roaches inside your unit, use as directed on the can.

k2-_df770126-b7a5-4cfb-a895-43e4243e985b

Thanked by 1 Member:
aqd

#23 tonny

tonny
  • Elite
  • 835 posts
  • 183 thanks
  • 84 topics
  • Local time: 04:23 AM
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:43 AM

Baseline use 

Trash Barrel with wheels on each floor in the stairwells and cleans them each day, so no chance of big fire or stopped up garbage shut !! (the stair wells all concrete). Also the swimming pool on the third floor  next to the gym. Not hot sun in the after noon as the side of the building block the sun must of the time. 

#24 Skywalker

Skywalker

Living in Cebu for 5 years. That's a lot of Cheval Rouge.

• Elite
  • 10,698 posts
  • 2807 thanks
  • 258 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:44 AM

So how is the place holding up after all these years?

Actually it recently got a fresh coat of paint, which it sorely needed.  It should have been repainted years ago, but there was a problem with some of the tenants, which was finally sorted out last Summer.

I think it's the oldest residential only block in the City - might be wrong.  The problem is the architecture style makes it look even older, and they built another one almost exactly the same style, and called it Park Tower 2.  I looked at a 3 bed unit in PT2 a few years ago.  Overpriced, and just too much expensive work to modernise it.

Many of the residents/owners are old money, and Mister Duterte visited PT2 last year, before his inauguration, with a huge police presence.

There is a Calyx tower also in the Business Park.  I looked at a 3 bed penthouse a few days ago.  Beautifully designed and finished, but at 23 million pesos, it's beyond a price point most people would pay for a condo.  If I wanted to spend that much money, I'd buy a house 4 times bigger and still have enough money left over for a brace of Mercedes.  Calyx do seem to represent the higher end of the condo market.

Thanked by 1 Member:
aqd

#25 Kabisay-an gid

Kabisay-an gid

Viva Visayas!

• Elite
  • 3,183 posts
  • 763 thanks
  • 29 topics

Posted 27 December 2016 - 2:23 PM

Mabolo Garden Flats - Primary Homes

15267859_103507493475085_374119944433457

15219405_103507463475088_710807053278104

• Skywalker likes this

#26 Kabisay-an gid

Kabisay-an gid

Viva Visayas!

• Elite
  • 3,183 posts
  • 763 thanks
  • 29 topics

Posted 27 December 2016 - 4:06 PM

There is a Calyx tower also in the Business Park. I looked at a 3 bed penthouse a few days ago. Beautifully designed and finished, but at 23 million pesos, it's beyond a price point most people would pay for a condo. If I wanted to spend that much money, I'd buy a house 4 times bigger and still have enough money left over for a brace of Mercedes. Calyx do seem to represent the higher end of the condo market.

A 2 BR penthouse can be had at Calyx for a little under 14M; a 2 BR garden lanai is right at about 12M; 2 studio units combined run about 8.5M.

#27 smokey

smokey
  • Elite
  • 30,145 posts
  • 4859 thanks
  • 1,055 topics
  • Local time: 01:23 PM
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 27 December 2016 - 5:04 PM

Actually it recently got a fresh coat of paint, which it sorely needed.  It should have been repainted years ago, but there was a problem with some of the tenants, which was finally sorted out last Summer.

I think it's the oldest residential only block in the City - might be wrong.  The problem is the architecture style makes it look even older, and they built another one almost exactly the same style, and called it Park Tower 2.  I looked at a 3 bed unit in PT2 a few years ago.  Overpriced, and just too much expensive work to modernise it.

Many of the residents/owners are old money, and Mister Duterte visited PT2 last year, before his inauguration, with a huge police presence.

There is a Calyx tower also in the Business Park.  I looked at a 3 bed penthouse a few days ago.  Beautifully designed and finished, but at 23 million pesos, it's beyond a price point most people would pay for a condo.  If I wanted to spend that much money, I'd buy a house 4 times bigger and still have enough money left over for a brace of Mercedes.  Calyx do seem to represent the higher end of the condo market.

how did the painting go was there a extra call for funds... 

• Skywalker likes this

#28 aqd

aqd

:::::::
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

^^ ^^

• Elite
  • 2,902 posts
  • 124 thanks
  • 147 topics

Posted 27 December 2016 - 8:07 PM

Apparently many people don't share your mistrust. Horizons Tower 1 (55 floors) sold out last year, and I believe Tower 2 (46 floors) sold out this year. :)

of course not, that's why many ended up inside this:

ERAav0Q.jpg

Edited by aqd, 27 December 2016 - 8:11 PM .

#29 Skywalker

Skywalker

Living in Cebu for 5 years. That's a lot of Cheval Rouge.

• Elite
  • 10,698 posts
  • 2807 thanks
  • 258 topics

Posted 27 December 2016 - 8:20 PM

how did the painting go was there a extra call for funds...

Yes, and apparently it didn't go down well.

The price point thing was something you taught me.

Why spend that much on a condo, but then people buy condos for different reasons.

I bought a house and a condo. So I have a bigger perspective that might be worth listening to. Or not. Hey Ho.
  • nsx likes this

#30 smokey

smokey
  • Elite
  • 30,145 posts
  • 4859 thanks
  • 1,055 topics
  • Local time: 01:23 PM
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 27 December 2016 - 8:32 PM

Yes, and apparently it didn't go down well.

The price point thing was something you taught me.

Why spend that much on a condo, but then people buy condos for different reasons.

I bought a house and a condo. So I have a bigger perspective that might be worth listening to. Or not. Hey Ho.

the more money our subdivision takes in the more politics get involved in controlling said money

• Skywalker likes this

5 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Copyright © 2017 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea