• 3,183 posts
  • 763 thanks
  • 29 topics
  • Local time: 03:22 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 26 December 2016 - 3:44 AM

Good report, thanks! :)

Check out base line near mango ave and the Nat book store i have been her a few months seem to be run right well from what can I see. I think the reason why, a lot of doctors live and own here and i think a bunch Doctors behind the building of it , as they run a good ship as far as i can see even clean all the trash can a lot with soap and water. Fog the building often  as i never seen a ant yet no flying bugs that bite, heee. Good staff and great doors and locks and no sir charge on the elec bill each month, two bills so far and i never turn the air off total for air and water under 2,600 peso both times. Seems they have a good rate. 8.30 a KWR plus the vat.

plenty of laundry's close and even a self washing place for 70 pesos a load i think. Bo's Coffee below on grown floor, Fast smart elevators. Nippon, Jap ones i think, great toilets and sits, American brand good garage, on one side of the building don't want to buy or rent there as the bars on, that side and street noise, they are in the possess of building Baseline 2, My land lady i think has two in this building and buying in the new one also. Loud fire alarms and all units with sprinklers as i can see. water pressure ok on my floor. There will be small mall in the new Baseline when finished in two years, I know there will be a Rustans off shoot of theirs called something like MR Welcome or Welcome.

Hospitals near bye and 24 hr J bees and MD's cab cost to Ayala mall 70 piso or less as the other day did not drive on the 23 of Dec and it was 57 pesos. Also near Robinson's much cheaper than Rustans for sure i eat in the basement food area a lot 72 pesos for half dish good spaghetti and garlic bread senior price good sauce also could be hotter as i don't tell them to heat it up for me as i want to eat and run heeee, Then there are all the food stands there with a big selection of Ph foods  and the store not bad and close to Rain Tree money changer  wish i had money and was younger might even break my  rule and buy in the new baseline, but at 77 soon not way.

I just rent only $500 a month all things paid by my land lady except water and Elec, Free parking and dues TV cignal expanded!, good speed internet most of the time, free phone PLDT land line to all landline number's i think, and the free 1800 numbers here as the landlady has told me so i can call even the Embassy free or the banks 800 numbers. Heck i looked at many condos in two years was the best deal i found and safe. The area could be better as always a lot of homeless around Fooda must of the time are near the circle but i drive most of the time or go thru Rain tree area and park in front of a hotel there and give the guard 10 P, then walk up to Robinson's and get hit with the blue pill guys.

Check it out if you think it sounds ok ,no money back guarantees,and i would not buy and wait two years and pay rent for the two years  i would buy from some older family going back home or maybe some one pass away and all the furniture in and all the work done, Also the always have to redo things always tiles and pluming why deal with all that or cut the times down maybe.

• to_dave007 likes this

Thanked by 3 Members:
USMC-Retired , aqd , to_dave007

#12 to_dave007

to_dave007
  • Sponsor
  • 2,034 posts
  • 543 thanks
  • 40 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+
  • Ham Call Sign:none
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 26 December 2016 - 7:40 AM

i do the best with my age and education as possible and spell check and the one finger near my thump, but thanks for the input, wish i had finished the 8th grade but had a strict step dad that like to use the buckle end of the belt so i got out of that place at early age!!!! Thank God  i am still here to try to help some time others, who will use the information how ever they get it, as it takes a long time  to even do as good as i do heeee

Tonny..  I'd like to apologize to you for being a bit harsh.. or unforgiving.  One of the wisest men I know is my brother Steve.. the AA member novice beekeeper who rode the rails with just a grade 8 education for most of his life....  and my brothers and I grew up in a house with a heavy duty miner's utility belt that I felt on my ass all too often as I was growing up.  So I understand where you are coming from.

When I took the time to read your post..  I have to agree with another member that it is a good review.

I owe you a beer or a coffee one day.

Edited by to_dave007, 26 December 2016 - 7:44 AM .

• b7335920 likes this

Thanked by 2 Members:
HTM , USMC-Retired

#13 tonny

tonny
  • Elite
  • 835 posts
  • 183 thanks
  • 84 topics
  • Local time: 04:22 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 8:05 AM

No Problem!!!! Thanks Sir:

• HTM and to_dave007 like this

Thanked by 1 Member:
USMC-Retired

#14 Kabisay-an gid

Kabisay-an gid

Viva Visayas!

• Elite
  • 3,183 posts
  • 763 thanks
  • 29 topics

Posted 26 December 2016 - 1:19 PM

since it's new I should add something:

Did I list all of them already?

I thought you only wanted to talk about Cebu.

Grass Residences is a condo mega-complex near the city center of Quezon City, Metro Manila. It consists of 3 towers with a combined total of over SIX THOUSAND units, most of which are occupied. The problems were apparently in regard to "upkeep", not construction quality. You better believe a place that size is going to have some problems regarding "upkeep".

Stick with buildings that are no more than about 20 stories and contain no more than a few hundred units, and you'll have a much better chance at getting a satisfactory experience when buying a condo.

St. Francis Shangri-La is in Metro Manila, and the problem you linked to there was a guy complaining about getting a substantial increase in his monthly association dues. He actually stated that he "loved the building design and interior", so his issue definitely wasn't in regard to the construction quality, which he was satisfied with.

The Filinvest link is also in reference to condos in Metro Manila/Luzon. Your link to Avida is also in Luzon, and the problems don't seem to be related to the quality of the finished units.

Getting back to Cebu, the "collapse" at Horizons 101 was merely a construction retention wall, and not part of the permanent structure. It won't affect the safety of the finished building. As for Robinsons/Azalea Place, Mikala's situation is the only serious problem I've seen or heard of in regard to the place, as of this point in time.

A major Cebu developer you failed to mention, that has several completed properties in Cebu, is Primary Homes. They're generally well-regarded.

Thanked by 1 Member:
aqd

#15 aqd

aqd

:::::::
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

^^ ^^

• Elite
  • 2,902 posts
  • 124 thanks
  • 147 topics

Posted 26 December 2016 - 7:35 PM

well if they have serious problems anywhere, it means they can be bad, so they're bad.

The guy in St. Francis mentioned cockroach through garbage room. It's permanent just like structural issues unless you hold a position in the association (possible I heard). Rather surprising, though, as Shangri-La have their own management team.

A collapse indicates the developer is careless and cannot be trusted.

#16 TheWhiteKnight

TheWhiteKnight
  • Elite
  • 1,756 posts
  • 174 thanks
  • 47 topics
  • Local time: 03:22 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 7:47 PM

Park Tower, in Cebu Business Park, was built in 1997.  That's 19 years ago.  Ayala Land development.  Hardly recent.

So how is the place holding up after all these years?

#17 aqd

aqd

:::::::
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

^^ ^^

• Elite
  • 2,902 posts
  • 124 thanks
  • 147 topics

Posted 26 December 2016 - 8:15 PM

So how is the place holding up after all these years?

see http://www.zipmatch..../park-tower-one

project_1438674203_0768_5444.jpg
project_1438674199_9417_3064.jpg

looks all right but it's Chinese style

• TheWhiteKnight likes this

#18 Mikal

Mikal
  • Elite
  • 284 posts
  • 40 thanks
  • 14 topics
  • My Blood Type:Don't know
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 26 December 2016 - 8:30 PM

A major Cebu developer you failed to mention, that has several completed properties in Cebu, is Primary Homes. They're generally well-regarded.

Sure, I think they did Avalon, but not certain how far along that project was when they picked it up from some other company.

#19 smokey

smokey
  • Elite
  • 30,145 posts
  • 4859 thanks
  • 1,055 topics
  • Local time: 01:22 PM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:32 PM

looks nice and close to ayala but 150,000 sq meter dang.....

#20 Kabisay-an gid

Kabisay-an gid

Viva Visayas!

• Elite
  • 3,183 posts
  • 763 thanks
  • 29 topics

Posted 27 December 2016 - 2:13 AM

Sure, I think they did Avalon, but not certain how far along that project was when they picked it up from some other company.

Avalon was originally known as the Tower Palace, and was started in 2006 by a Korean developer. The place was a train wreck pretty much from the start under the Korean management - they bailed out and sold it to Primary Homes about 2010. Primary has done the best they can with the place, and their management of the project has been a marked improvement over the original developer. 

It's my understanding that the Primary Homes project, Mabolo Garden Flats on Tres Borces Street, is pretty much complete and they're currently in the process of turning over units to buyers.

Thanked by 1 Member:
aqd

3 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Copyright © 2017 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea