• 1106 thanks
  • 257 topics
  • Local time: 03:58 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 23 December 2016 - 6:39 AM

Updated

8 minutes ago

Seven people have been arrested in Melbourne after allegedly preparing for a terrorist plot, Victoria Police said.

The arrests came after properties at Flemington, Meadow Heights and Dallas in Melbourne were raided as part of a counter-terrorism operation involving Victoria Police, the Australian Federal Police and ASIO.

Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton said it was believed a number of people were intending to carry out a "multi-mode" attack, possibly on Christmas Day.

"Over the last fortnight … we have had to conduct a criminal investigation relating to the formation of what we believe was a terrorist plot," he said.

"We believe that there was an intention to conduct what we call a multi-mode attack, possibly on Christmas Day."

Commissioner Ashton said the police believed the plot involved explosives and other weapons and was targeting high-profile Melbourne locations, including Federation Square, Flinders Street Station, and St Paul's Cathedral.

"We believe [the plot] was going to involve an explosive event, the use of explosives, and we gathered evidence to support that," he said.

"There has also been evidence that we will lead around the possibility of an intention to use other weapons. That could include knives and/or a firearm."

Five of the people arrested are still in custody and being questioned by police, he added.

More to come.

http://www.abc.net.a...lbourne/8143762

• Paul likes this

Thanked by 2 Members:
mikewright , oztony

#2 oztony

oztony

If I Agreed With You We Would Both Be Wrong

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
  • 8,099 posts
  • 6254 thanks
  • 191 topics
  • Local time: 06:58 PM
  • My Blood Type:Don't know
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 23 December 2016 - 6:51 AM

Melbourne is riddled with the scum , it was inevitable that these slime that have no respect for human life , unless you are a member of their "Cult" , were going to try something as a group effort sooner or later.

Deport to country of origin , or country of parents origin upon release from jail .... or the cancer continues to spread. 

• KID, newtocebu, ozboy and 9 others like this

Transvestites are men who like to eat, drink, and be Mary....This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Don't take life too seriously ..........  No one gets out alive...... 

#3 sugbu777

sugbu777

Iniisip ko ang tungkal sa buhay, kong papaano.

• Elite
  • 1,916 posts
  • 325 thanks
  • 51 topics
  • Local time: 05:58 PM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 23 December 2016 - 6:53 AM

Melbourne is riddled with the scum , it was inevitable that these slime that have no respect for human life , unless you are a member of their "Cult" , were going to try something as a group effort sooner or later.

Deport to country of origin , or country of parents origin upon release from jail .... or the cancer continues to spread. 

I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't been to Melbourne in many years, but I always liked that city when I had traveled there in the past.

• newtocebu, ozboy and oztony like this

#4 oztony

oztony

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
  • 8,099 posts
  • 6254 thanks
  • 191 topics

Posted 23 December 2016 - 7:05 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't been to Melbourne in many years, but I always liked that city when I had traveled there in the past.

The most multicultural city in the world , and voted best city in the world to live in for 10 years running , but with that comes the slime as well.....

• newtocebu, Ozepete, ozboy and 2 others like this

#5 newtocebu

newtocebu

Artista

• Elite
  • 1,039 posts
  • 303 thanks
  • 52 topics
  • Local time: 03:58 PM
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 23 December 2016 - 8:08 AM

The most multicultural city in the world , and voted best city in the world to live in for 10 years running , but with that comes the slime as well.....

Its a matter of when, not if, our beautiful city falls victim to the violence being introduced by our far too liberal immigration / refugee (bleeding hearts) policies.

We have gangs of African youths carrying out acts of violence without any regard for the law, and terrorists plotting mass murders on the good citizens that are paying taxes to keep them in their government funded housing with benefits much greater than the average pensioner that paid into the tax system their whole life.

Oh but we must cut them some slack, they have come from war torn countries and dont know any better..
  • Ozepete, ozboy, dnl_grout and 4 others like this

#6 mikewright

mikewright

wrong again

• Elite
  • 2,352 posts
  • 654 thanks
  • 32 topics

Posted 23 December 2016 - 9:54 AM

Kudos to the police and ASIO for a job well done.

#7 Jsteam

Jsteam
  • Sponsor
  • 339 posts
  • 47 thanks
  • 9 topics
  • Local time: 05:28 PM

Posted 23 December 2016 - 3:07 PM

they have come from war torn countries and dont know any better..

And who started the bloody wars? And for what reason? (hint, Greed) :bomb:

#8 Mattnlenny

Mattnlenny
  • Elite
  • 381 posts
  • 84 thanks
  • 25 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 23 December 2016 - 5:35 PM

Its a matter of when, not if, our beautiful city falls victim to the violence being introduced by our far too liberal immigration / refugee (bleeding hearts) policies.

We have gangs of African youths carrying out acts of violence without any regard for the law, and terrorists plotting mass murders on the good citizens that are paying taxes to keep them in their government funded housing with benefits much greater than the average pensioner that paid into the tax system their whole life.

Oh but we must cut them some slack, they have come from war torn countries and dont know any better..

I live up in NSW and if I didn't listen to Neil Mitchell every now and then, I would have never heard of the Apex gang. The media, police and everyone else being too gutless to address this head on is a bloody disgrace!

Thanked by 1 Member:
Ozepete

#9 oztony

oztony

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
  • 8,099 posts
  • 6254 thanks
  • 191 topics

Posted 24 December 2016 - 5:45 AM

The following link gives a good insight to what happened in regards to this story , as usual the Lebonese are involved , we made a huge mistake by letting too many of them in years ago ....

http://www.9news.com...elbourne-suburb

• Kahuna, newtocebu, ozboy and 1 other like this

#10 Art

Art
  • Sponsor
  • 4,857 posts
  • 1883 thanks
  • 110 topics
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 24 December 2016 - 9:07 AM

There are Lebanese christians as well I don't see any of these as threats.   If only we could find the key that radicalises someone, its only a few of them but enough to cause major social issues.  

• mikewright and ozboy like this

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea