ozboy

Terror Attack Foiled in Melbourne

10 posts in this topic

Updated

8 minutes ago

Seven people have been arrested in Melbourne after allegedly preparing for a terrorist plot, Victoria Police said.

The arrests came after properties at Flemington, Meadow Heights and Dallas in Melbourne were raided as part of a counter-terrorism operation involving Victoria Police, the Australian Federal Police and ASIO.

Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton said it was believed a number of people were intending to carry out a "multi-mode" attack, possibly on Christmas Day.

"Over the last fortnight … we have had to conduct a criminal investigation relating to the formation of what we believe was a terrorist plot," he said.

"We believe that there was an intention to conduct what we call a multi-mode attack, possibly on Christmas Day."

Commissioner Ashton said the police believed the plot involved explosives and other weapons and was targeting high-profile Melbourne locations, including Federation Square, Flinders Street Station, and St Paul's Cathedral.

"We believe [the plot] was going to involve an explosive event, the use of explosives, and we gathered evidence to support that," he said.

"There has also been evidence that we will lead around the possibility of an intention to use other weapons. That could include knives and/or a firearm."

Five of the people arrested are still in custody and being questioned by police, he added.

More to come.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-23/police-foil-alleged-christmas-day-'terrorist-plot'-in-melbourne/8143762

1 person likes this

Melbourne is riddled with the scum , it was inevitable that these slime that have no respect for human life , unless you are a member of their "Cult" , were going to try something as a group effort sooner or later.

Deport to country of origin , or country of parents origin upon release from jail .... or the cancer continues to spread. 

12 people like this

Melbourne is riddled with the scum , it was inevitable that these slime that have no respect for human life , unless you are a member of their "Cult" , were going to try something as a group effort sooner or later.

Deport to country of origin , or country of parents origin upon release from jail .... or the cancer continues to spread. 

I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't been to Melbourne in many years, but I always liked that city when I had traveled there in the past.

3 people like this

I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't been to Melbourne in many years, but I always liked that city when I had traveled there in the past.

The most multicultural city in the world , and voted best city in the world to live in for 10 years running , but with that comes the slime as well.....

5 people like this

The most multicultural city in the world , and voted best city in the world to live in for 10 years running , but with that comes the slime as well.....

Its a matter of when, not if, our beautiful city falls victim to the violence being introduced by our far too liberal immigration / refugee (bleeding hearts) policies.

We have gangs of African youths carrying out acts of violence without any regard for the law, and terrorists plotting mass murders on the good citizens that are paying taxes to keep them in their government funded housing with benefits much greater than the average pensioner that paid into the tax system their whole life.

Oh but we must cut them some slack, they have come from war torn countries and dont know any better..

7 people like this

Kudos to the police and ASIO for a job well done.

5 people like this

they have come from war torn countries and dont know any better..

And who started the bloody wars? And for what reason? (hint, Greed) :bomb:

Its a matter of when, not if, our beautiful city falls victim to the violence being introduced by our far too liberal immigration / refugee (bleeding hearts) policies.

We have gangs of African youths carrying out acts of violence without any regard for the law, and terrorists plotting mass murders on the good citizens that are paying taxes to keep them in their government funded housing with benefits much greater than the average pensioner that paid into the tax system their whole life.

Oh but we must cut them some slack, they have come from war torn countries and dont know any better..

I live up in NSW and if I didn't listen to Neil Mitchell every now and then, I would have never heard of the Apex gang. The media, police and everyone else being too gutless to address this head on is a bloody disgrace!

5 people like this

The following link gives a good insight to what happened in regards to this story , as usual the Lebonese are involved , we made a huge mistake by letting too many of them in years ago ....

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/12/23/07/19/police-raids-underway-in-melbourne-suburb

4 people like this

There are Lebanese christians as well I don't see any of these as threats.   If only we could find the key that radicalises someone, its only a few of them but enough to cause major social issues.  

2 people like this