• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Mikala

The Agony of Buying a New Condo in the Philippines

238 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Lee said:

I saw a 1 bedroom in Calyx last year for a friend, it was 5..6 million when new units by the builder were going over 8 million.

OMG! Are the streets in Cebu paved in gold? Those are pretty much over blown condo prices! Ouch!

What's the attraction living in a crowded city when one can almost reach across your balcony and shake your neighbor's hand? 

11 minutes ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

What's the attraction living in a crowded city when one can almost reach across your balcony and shake your neighbor's hand? 

I would've had to have one hell of a reach...

20130510_110403.jpg.3007c795cbe54e8e0f646b1cd81370a0.jpg

8059384171_894d010110_b.jpg.fa6bc9cbb36bfac609f60fb483f70bb7.jpg

Edited by Salty Dog
3 people like this

Or how can anyone live in a 28 sq mtr condo? It would drive me bonkers.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

Or how can anyone live in a 28 sq mtr condo? It would drive me bonkers.

I was on a nuclear submarine for almost 6 years. Living in a 28 sq. meter condo would be a breeze for me. Fortunately though, my condo is 65 sq. meters and feels spacious (to me).

If I get tired of it, I can always head to my Hawaii ranch or Vegas condo...

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Mikala said:

I was on a nuclear submarine for almost 6 years. Living in a 28 sq. meter condo would be a breeze for me. Fortunately though, my condo is 65 sq. meters and feels spacious (to me).

If I get tired of it, I can always head to my Hawaii ranch or Vegas condo...

65 square meters? Luxury! :)

All kidding aside that'll be very nice once you get it fixed up to your standards. My current condo in Cebu (a rental) is one bedroom with 34 square meters and no balcony, but it's pretty decently finished and furnished with nice stuff so it feels fine for myself and the girlfriend. I also rent a condo in the USA for myself.

Would love to have a bigger place someday, maybe a second bedroom for guests... Actually I would like to buy another place again someday, but I haven't decided which country I'd feel good owning property in just yet. Your problems are definitely not ones I want to have :P 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Lee said:

Some come naked, thus you pick the tile and fixtures, others come with tile and fixtures, so best to look around for one naked if you wish to make it as you would like it, or find a second hand one that fits your needs for a good price and have it renovated.

My opinion would be at today's prices that units are going for new, if a person has cash, then look for a bargain, I have seen some of those listed from time to time and by going to buildings that are of interest to you and asking around and leaving your phone number, you might find yourself one such deal, example, I saw a 1 bedroom in Calyx last year for a friend, it was 5..6 million when new units by the builder were going over 8 million.

Happy hunting...

Not a good sign for the condo market when a reseller is dropping the price by over 2 mil to get some bites. Who's crazy enough to buy a new one

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, govoner said:

Not a good sign for the condo market when a reseller is dropping the price by over 2 mil to get some bites. Who's crazy enough to buy a new one

It was a westerner whose relationship went south, so deals are out there to be had and they often have nothing to do with the market, maybe someone going home or plans change as is the case with us, thus why we are selling the extra unit we have, not because of the market but because we will no longer live here full time. 

1 hour ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

OMG! Are the streets in Cebu paved in gold? Those are pretty much over blown condo prices! Ouch!

No condo even close to us, the closes one is a block away and with no chance or them every building one close to us unless they buy up a lot of homes. 

1 hour ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

Land is expensive here, it is an island after all, all islands I know anywhere are usually expensive. 

The condo for 5.6 or 8.4 was only 60 sq meter, it was the location people were paying for, it was a block from Ayala in Cebu Business Park, also they were paying for the builders name and reputation but they all use the same contractors so paying for a name here in the Philippines to me is bs. 

1 person likes this