rizla    1,252

The difference between Chinese and not Chinese is Chinese want to squeeze every peso out in profit not in doing a quality job

Something else they copied from the west no doubt.

Having lived around the world, the "Squeezing every last penny out in profit and not doing a quality job" is everywhere, not just Asia and certainly not solely in The Philippines.

I could give the list of faults and add some to a new build I bought in Swindon UK. Shoddy workmanship is a worldwide problem, to infer it only or always happens in the Philippines is being short sighted in my opinion.

+USMC-Retired    10,390

The biggest diffrence is recourse. Very little in the Philippines. It is mind blowing your condo really I feel for you.

• Like 1

ckfm    716

There is no consumer rights. At least you have it on paper in western countries. They will fix problems to some extend.

billy    1,451

Something else they copied from the west no doubt.

Having lived around the world, the "Squeezing every last penny out in profit and not doing a quality job" is everywhere, not just Asia and certainly not solely in The Philippines.

I could give the list of faults and add some to a new build I bought in Swindon UK. Shoddy workmanship is a worldwide problem, to infer it only or always happens in the Philippines is being short sighted in my opinion.

Really thanks for opening my eyes but I found in non Chinese products whether German, Italian, US, Thai etc the quality is generally better

+USMC-Retired    10,390

There is no western 1st world country that would deliver this crap to anyone. Please stop with the rosey view, he spent a considerable sum and they gave him a shit hole. An unsafe shit hole at that. It is poor workmanhip, lack of oversight and no recourse in the end. All of those you are protected against in the west.

I worry how safe with varying thickness on the walls. The photo shows the bottom of the door at one position on the wall and clearly another further up.

• Like 11

rizla    1,252

There is no western 1st world country that would deliver this crap to anyone

I would beg to differ. And have experience of such in the UK.

post-17209-0-90702500-1481889191.jpg

• Like 4

billy    1,451

There is no western 1st world country that would deliver this crap to anyone. Please stop with the rosey view, he spent a considerable sum and they gave him a shit hole. An unsafe shit hole at that. It is poor workmanhip, lack of oversight and no recourse in the end. All of those you are protected against in the west.

I worry how safe with varying thickness on the walls. The photo shows the bottom of the door at one position on the wall and clearly another further up.

Exactly

I would beg to differ. And have experience of such in the UK.

attachicon.gifcrappy house building.jpg

I guess you don't get it. Where not saying your home wasn't built correctly where talking in general terms here

+USMC-Retired    10,390

Nonsense. I bet that house is livable in comparison. Your solution is sux it up as it could happen in the west. My ass you are sipping some serious koolaide. If not remind me that the UK is a shit hole also. Because inspectors in the US would not allow it. It has an open fuse panel. The safety guard for the AC is not buckled down. How many stories up is this?

post-15686-0-13061200-1481881843.jpg

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 1

rizla    1,252

Try google, the list is endless.

In my own case I bought a house from Persimmon in Swindon UK, the day we moved in my son received a shock from a radiator, it was discovered that a wire in the main fuse box was touching an earth tab, which made everything live in the house, a faradays cage principle, so luckily the shock was not great, just a tingle.  5 days after moving in a huge section of the kitchen ceiling collapsed, missing my wife by seconds, due to a floor nail which had pierced a heating pipe. I can go on and on. Yes, the company did put things right, but not before having to threaten legal action. They tried to put the blame on us rather than admit bad workmanship.

All I am saying is this type of poor workmanship happens in many countries and not just solely in The Philippines.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-3548584/Wonky-windows-dodgy-wiring-holes-walls-Beware-builders-flogging-shoddy-new-build-homes.html

Edit to add link

Edited by rizla

Skywalker    19,177

Small point of order, but the unit hasn't been handed over in it's complete state.

This was an inspection I think?

• Like 2